Chapter 53

Aiyla was outside by the beautiful flowers, she was in love with them. She spent the majority of her days outside beside them.

Nizamülmülk approached Aiyla slowly.

Aiyla noticed him. "Good Morning, Hace," Aiyla smiled at him.

She was grateful that he kept his word.

"Good Morning, Aiyla Hatun. I just wanted to tell you that Ayse Hatun decided to stay nearby and is staying near Omar Khayyam's house. She told me to tell you that she would like to see you for check ups frequently." Nizamülmülk told Aiyla.

Aiyla smiled faintly while looking away, "There's no point for all this. These check ups won't help, I'm just going to leave my situation in Allah's hands." She spoke in an honest tone.

"Yes, leaving stuff like this in Allah's hands is a great thing to do but you are encouraged to seek help and try to pursue a way to find a cure." Nizamülmülk tried to reason with her.

Aiyla started walking as Nizamülmülk walked beside her.

"I just don't want to put my hopes high up and end up heartbroken because there are no results in the end. I barely have enough time before I get really ill or something. I'm not even sure how much time I have until this poison makes me go insane...You know what's going to kill me most, is if I forget everyone I care about and forget all the memories I created while growing up. Most importantly, I'm scared that it would lead me to forget my mother's grave one day." Aiyla babbled out in a panicked tone.

Nizamülmülk stopped walking, "Nothing like that will happen, stop feeding your pain and fears. Feeding into these thoughts will make you truly lose everything. Just be happy and think positively." He told her.

Aiyla nodded at his words, they both had stopped walking now and witnessed the doors open.

"Elçin Hatun!" Aiyla yelled happily as Elçin went down from her horse.

Aiyla gave her a tight embrace, "I'm so happy to see you. I thought I'd never see you again." Aiyla told Elçin while they remained embracing one another.

Elçin had a confused expression, "Never see me again? Come on, Aiyla, you are always welcome to my home. You don't need an invitation." She told Aiyla.

Aiyla smiled at her but looked behind to see someone being held by two soldiers.

It was evident that Elçin must have caught him and was now bringing him to Sultan Meliksah for punishment.

Aiyla let Elçin go on her way since she had to meet His Majesty first.

As Aiyla got to her room, she realized she didn't grab the flowers she picked earlier because she was busy talking with Nizamülmülk.

But as Aiyla turned to go back to grab the basket she noticed how it was already in the room, on the table.