Chapter 66

Nothing is easy in this world, we get torn between things and cry over our painful experiences. At some point, we wish everything to just go away without realizing that it will one day, but that we need to be patient. Nothing stays permanently in this world, not even the pain we feel is permanent.

A young man reached a secluded home and his hand went to his weapon automatically, he didn't want to take any chances around the places where his enemies and their people resided.

He went closer to the door of the home only to see an older woman leaving through it.

"Hello, can I have some healing supplies?" He asked her kindly.

Initially, he wanted to slit her throat and grab whatever he needed from the home but he changed his mind after getting close to her.

She looked at him for a mere second before nodding, "Wait a moment here, I will get you the supplies that will help with healing."

She walked outside from the doorway and went inside a small shed near the home, forgetting the door to her home slightly open.

He was satisfied with the response she gave him. He turned around away from the door and looked around the front of the yard. It was odd to see a woman her age living alone in such a quiet area.

What if it's a trap and the old lady is part of it?

He shook his thoughts away when he heard a faint sound coming from the house, he looked at the small shed the woman disappeared into and then looked at the actual home.

The man stepped inside the home with his weapon, his hand, as he got closer to one of the inside rooms from where the faint sound was coming from.

He saw a beautiful looking young lady resting in the room, but was whispering in pain, as tears ran down her cheeks.

Mesmerized by her beauty as he kneeled down beside her, he couldn't control his hand as he lifted it near her face to wipe her tears.

As he finished wiping her tears, he took in her scent.

"Absolutely stunning..." He whispered to himself as he looked her up and down.

"Hayir...olmaz..." He heard her cry out painfully.

He turned around making sure the old woman wasn't back before he held her hand, "It's okay, you aren't alone."

Out of nowhere, the old woman rushed into the room, "Kizim!" She shouted out.

She ignored the man's presence until she looked up at him, "Did she open her eyes?" She asked him.

"No but she was just whimpering in pain and said about two words." He told the woman quickly as he looked down at the unconscious lady.

"That's good news, she'll wake up soon, InshAllah." She exclaimed happily as held the young lady's hand.

"I hope she recovers quickly." He spoke shortly after.

"I'm sorry, I've been too occupied with her waking up. I'm just glad that she's speaking now, even if it was a simple word or two..."

He nodded, "Your daughter is lucky to have a caring mother like you."

She froze for a moment, "I'm lucky to have her to keep me company."

"You both live here alone? In the middle of nowhere?" He curiously asked.

Him questioning such things alerted her but she remained calm as she nodded, "It's just me and her after my husband passed. We appreciate the calmness of being away from people and crowded places."

Her intuition told her that if she had dodged his questions then it would have made things to go bad.

She had not been able to ask the unconscious girl what happened with her since she hadn't awakened fully since she found her, time had passed since the older woman had begun healing her wound but the girl never opened her eyes or said a word until now.

It gave the older lady hope that one day, the young girl will fully heal, both emotionally and physically.

She looked at the man who was staring at the lady who he thought was her daughter.

"Follow me out and I will give you the supplies you asked for earlier, it's all ready for you to take." She told him, trying to lead him away from the young lady.

"I'll follow right after you, let me grab my things." He told her as he started slowly grabbing the weapons he put down earlier while he was wiping the girl's tears away.

The older lady was scared that he hadn't followed her right away, but nonetheless didn't return to the room when she heard him picking up his stuff that he had put on the floor of the room.

When he made sure the older lady was out of his sight, he looked at the girl again up and down, trying to memorize everything about her before leaving.

He saw that a piece of jewelry on her ankle was visible because she had moved her foot away from the covers.

The man unclasped the golden anklet from the girl's ankle. Admiring the roses that were all around the anklet as he glanced at her face one more time.

I'll keep this as a beautiful token to remember you with whenever I miss you, my beautiful rose.