Chapter 65

Past Flashback 1

"Sencer!" A young girl, with a vibrant voice called out from down the hill in a green meadow.

"Sencer!" She kept calling out his name until she reached where he was laying, under the tree that was up the hill.

"Sencer?! Open your eyes? Are you okay? Don't leave me alone?" She shook the boy violently.

"Aiyla! Stop, I'm fine. I was just trying to rest."

"Why didn't you answer me then? I called out to you so many times. I thought you weren't going to open your eyes ever again. Once I saw you up close like that, I thought you were going to leave me too."

"I'm just thinking about something important and I wanted to be alone, that's why I came here. I didn't want anyone disturbing me" Sencer told her as he tried to block the sunlight from his eyes.

"Oh...I'll leave then." Aiyla started walking away from him.

"You aren't just anyone. Stay with me. If I could choose just one person to trust with such a secret then it would be you." Sencer told her.

Aiyla raised her eyebrows, "What do you mean? A secret? Another secret?! Sencer! Please tell me you didn't cause a problem again. Give your mother a break. You never stay out of trouble and you always manage to drag me along."

Sencer rolled his eyes, "I don't go looking for problems. Problems come looking for me." He shrugged.

"So you did cause a problem?!" Aiyla screeched.

"No, I just learned who my father is." Sencer told her finally with a smile.

"Impossible, but I thought..." Aiyla couldn't finish the sentence as she looked at the tree branches moving with the breeze.

"I know but trust me. I thought the same but I saw my dad. I learned the truth."

"You saw him? Who is it? Why aren't you with him? I would have yelled out to him if I were you."

"My father is a great man." Sencer told her.

"Umm? That's great but who is it? I understand if you don't want to tell me."

Sencer looked around the empty meadow for reassurance that no one was around before he whispered in her ear.

"No way?! Your father is Sul-" Sencer covered Aiyla's mouth to prevent her from speaking anymore.

"Now, you understand why I couldn't just yell out to him." Sencer sighed.

"I understand you." Aiyla spoke in all honesty.

"I couldn't...I wanted to though. I wanted to run up to him and remain in his arms as I tell him how much I missed him and how I would grow to be a great son that he would be proud of in the future." He told Aiyla.

Aiyla sensed the heartache behind Sencer's voice.

"Sencer? Are you okay? I'm here for you if you want to talk about it."

"I know that you are always there for me. I'm fine, I will do my duties to help our state rise to even more success. So what if my father doesn't know me, I'll still make him feel proud by being a loyal warrior in his state." Sencer said confidently.

"So this will have to remain a secret? It's so sad that you have to keep away from your own father." Aiyla frowned.

"Yes, Aiyla. This is a secret. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about such a serious matter but you aren't just anyone, you're my loyal keeper." Sencer spoke up.