Chapter 11

Aiyla's eyes fluttered open, which made Elçin Hatun beam with happiness at seeing her finally awake. It seemed as if she was asleep for years.

"Aiyla Hatun, are you okay?" Elçin asked quickly.

"Water, I need water," Aiyla said in an exhausted tone.

Elçin quickly gave her some water.

Aiyla thanked her with a soft smile.

"You gave us quite a scare," Elçin said softly.

Elçin continued, "I was worried a lot even though I barely know you."

"Sorry," Aiyla commented.

Aiyla was hoping that no one would ask her why she took the hit instead of Melik Tapar because the explanation would not make sense to those who would hear it.

Elçin was debating whether to tell Aiyla about the rumors fuming in the palace but decided to avoid stressing the girl out.

Seferiye Sultana walked into the room where Aiyla was in to find Elçin Hatun there sitting beside the girl who had risked herself for the sake of her grandchild.

"Kizim, I'm delighted to see you have awakened." The Sultan's mother spoke softly.

Elçin greeted Seferiye Hatun. Aiyla tried but couldn't.

"It's okay, Kizim. Just take care of your health, and InshAllah, you will be healing soon enough." Seferiye Hatun told Aiyla.

Aiyla nodded softly.

"I wanted to talk to you, Aiyla Hatun." Seferiye Hatun said.

Elçin knew where this would be heading to and quickly dismissed herself after wishing Aiyla a quick recovery.

"Kizim, I have more than one grandchild. But I would hope to see Melik Tapar have a child in his arms before my departure for this world." She said to Aiyla.

"God forbid, InshAllah you live to see that day Seferiye Sultana," Aiyla replied right away.

"Melik Tapar's wife, Gehver Hatun, has not been able to have a child yet. Time passes by quickly, and my time becomes less and less as time goes by."

Taking a deep breath, Seferiye Hatun continues, "I would like to find a suitable wife that will be able to bring my grandson a child of his own while remaining loyal to him. I thought there could be no one but you that better fits the position of being his wife."

She held Aiyla's hand gently while speaking again, "You're selfless and that was proven the moment you took an arrow for him, an arrow that turned out poisonous. Some would instead save themselves than others in such situations, but you proved to be the person that protects others. You are young and beautiful, and something inside me tells me that you are worthy of my grandson. Perhaps it's fate." She finished with a simple smile on her face.

Aiyla didn't know what to focus on anymore. Should she focus on the pain she felt from the wound area? Or should she focus on what the Sultan's mother just disclosed to her?

"I don't know what to say," Aiyla spoke honestly.

"It's okay, Kizim. Just think about everything I said and tell me your decision when you're ready."

Seferiye Hatun started to get up, but before she left, she smiled again towards Aiyla and said, "Wishing you a quick recovery, Kizim."

Aiyla thanked her. But the moment Aiyla was alone in the room, she threw her head back onto the pillow.

She couldn't deny she felt some tug towards Melik Tapar. But can she allow herself to be the second wife of a man? His second choice? He probably loved his wife a lot and was only agreeing to this for the sake of a son.

She didn't want to disappoint Melik Tapar's grandmother either. She wanted to get married at some point in her life, but she hadn't planned it to occur now.