Chapter 37

Aiyla had ended up listening to Tapar and went straight to the room. She washed her body quickly and rinsed herself.

She has been more cautious when taking a bath and was stressed that she'll suffocate under the water.

Praying first to Allah had always given her a sense of comfort. Relaxing in the water was the second thing that helped relieve her burdens.

But now, she was scared of any water source that made it possible for her to suffocate, so the bath area filled with water irked her even thinking about a stream, or lake stresses her out.

She dried herself and her hair as quickly as possible as she changed into a dress and grabbed a headdress.

Tapar walked in a minute later, "I won't be here to check on you later but make sure you cover up well, so you don't get ill, Aiyla Hatun."

"I forgot today must be Gevher Hatun's night," Aiyla spoke, trying not to show her disappointment.

Tapar had sensed the shift in Aiyla's mood, "I'm leaving the palace; the duties of our glorious state remain a part of my responsibility."

Aiyla's heart sank; she would rather have him spend the night with Gevher Hatun instead of leaving for a mission. He would at least remain safe here.

"Don't worry." Tapar smiled softly.

"I'm not worried." Aiyla quickly replied.

Tapar nodded as he turned to leave, but Aiyla spoke up, "May Allah bless your path and guide you to be successful in whatever duty is brought upon you, Your Highness."

"Ameen, Aiyla Hatun." He replied before closing the entrance behind him.

Aiyla wanted to make him stay here, but she knew she couldn't.

She prayed to Allah, so all her worries about Tapar will lessen.

May Allah bring you back home quickly, safe and sound. Aiyla thought in her head.

Tapar left the palace without knowing that soon he would be trapped by Ebulkasim's evil schemes.

Aiyla had been finding a way into his mind whenever he was away from her.

Meanwhile, Gevher was pacing back and forth in her room.

If only Aiyla were pregnant, then that would mean soon enough, she would be out of their lives.

Gevher left to see Aiyla.

Aiyla was folding the cloak Tapar gave her; as she put it away, the entrance opened suddenly. She barely thought of locking it unless she was changing.

"How are you, Aiyla Hatun?" Gevher asked her impatiently.

Wow, she has the nerve to ask about my well-being after entering my room in such a manner.

"Alhamdulillah, I'm well. Thanks for asking, Gevher Hatun. I'm hoping you are doing well." Aiyla replied.

Gevher walked towards the seating area and took a seat.