Chapter 28

Aiyla had started to feel more energized after taking the medicine that had been prepared for her, but now she wondered what was going on in the palace.

Seferiye Hatun had passed by earlier to check on her briefly, and Aiyla didn't get a chance to ask about Terkan Hatun's health.

Even Maryam Hatun was nowhere to be seen since she left Aiyla last night, so Aiyla couldn't ask her.

She had not bothered to leave her room and go see Terkan Hatun after the incident had occurred.

She had wanted to give her some space, but that didn't stop Aiyla from praying for the well-being of Terkan Hatun and her unborn baby.

She planned to see Terkan Hatun yesterday after the sun went down out of respect but had forgotten completely.

Aiyla had been too occupied with her thoughts, and Maryam being with her had made her forget all about it.

Now after feeling better, Aiyla got up to freshen up and change out of the nightgown.

Aiyla knocked and waited for permission to enter Terkan Hatun's room.

Terkan Hatun looked like she had seen the very worst, and Aiyla felt terrible that she had to go through such a crazy accident while being pregnant. Even her daughter had been with her.

Aiyla wondered if Terkan Hatun thought she had probably lost everything in a blink of an eye.

Her own life, the life of her only living child, and the life of the child she is pregnant with—a mother's nightmare.

"Forgive me for not coming sooner, but I have been praying for a quick and full recovery for you, Terkan Hatun," Aiyla spoke softly.

Terkan Hatun just looked at Aiyla; she seems genuine about her words.

"Thank you, Aiyla Hatun. I'm glad we made it back to the palace and were not left outside to die." Terkan Hatun spoke in all honesty to Aiyla.

Aiyla nodded, gesturing that she understood her.

Aiyla Hatun excused herself and left the room.

That very same day, Aiyla had heard about the commotion that was happening in the palace; as she quickly was about to enter Terkan Hatun's room, she heard cries of sorrow which brought her to a stop.

It had been evident from Terkan Hatun's screams that her innocent baby didn't make it to this world and had passed away.

Aiyla didn't bear to go inside and left back to her room.

The moment she arrived, she locked the entrance and began to cry.

She had remembered her mother, maybe because Terkan Hatun was a mother who had just lost her son, which triggered Aiyla's emotions.

May Allah have mercy on him. She couldn't relate to losing a child, but she instead could relate to losing a beloved person.

Such events never allow a person to heal properly.

Aiyla didn't bother leaving her room; it was the safest place to be, in her opinion.

Aiyla had felt tired yet couldn't sleep.

Later on, Tapar announced himself coming inside the room after he had knocked.

Aiyla was confused about his arrival because today was Gevher Hatun's night.

"I'm sure that Gevher Hatun's room can be found in the next hallway, Melik Tapar," Aiyla told him.

Tapar just looked at Aiyla before replying, "I'm well aware of where to find my wife's room, Aiyla Hatun. But I will be spending the night here later until you are fully well."

Aiyla was annoyed about everything he said to her.

He only views Gevher Hatun as his wife, and now he's here to babysit Aiyla until she's better, which will only cause Gevher to dislike her.

Aiyla wanted to yell at him but decided to say her condolences since he had just lost a sibling today.

Tapar was shocked that Aiyla had not caused an argument over him staying with her until he makes sure that she is better.