Chapter 117

Aiyla's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I was still on the ground.

Quickly, Maryam helped me up as she looked at me while I looked to see Hace still around.

"I'm fine; I just feel that I need to drink water, that's all."

Nizamülmülk sighed, "I will call the physician to see you."

"There is no need. You know my diagnosis, so calling her won't help me with anything right now. Also, I will begin my treatment with Hazan Hatun soon."

I couldn't read whatever Nizamülmülk was thinking about momentarily; he just nodded at my words.

"You should rest a bit, though." He spoke up sternly.

Maryam nodded, "He is right. You should rest." She told me, holding my arm.

"Take care, Hace," I spoke as I walked away, letting go of Maryam's support while she followed right behind me.

Maryam looked down quickly as she came beside me, then lifted her head and looked around before speaking.

Her face seemed conflicted for some reason, "I know everyone will pay for their actions at the right time. But, what about Nizamülmülk, though? He stabbed you, caused you to suffer. I thought you would plan to avenge yourself the moment you returned to the palace. But, I see that you are conversing normally with him. Regardless of everything, know that whatever order you give me, I will do it in a heartbeat." She conveyed her thoughts to me.

"Don't worry about such things, Maryam," I spoke without giving away any emotion.

"As you say, Aiyla Hatun." She spoke calmly.

We began to walk again down the corridor, "Maryam, from now on, you will remain here in the palace at night. In the past, I allowed you to leave because of your late grandma. But now, I need you here all the time."

"Whatever you want will happen, my lady."

A hatun came up to me as we turned the corner. She smiled gently before speaking, "Aiyla Hatun, Zübeyde Hatun wants you to see you alone in her room."

"Tamam. Inform her that I will be there soon."

"Maryam, go see if there is anything new at all. Even a tiny detail matters." She nodded at my words, "Understood." She spoke before walking away.

Sitting down waiting for Zübeyde Hatun felt somewhat nerve-wracking.

I was worried. When am I not worried, though?

But, I was scared that I was going to hear something unpleasant.

I stood up the moment Zübeyde Hatun appeared before me. I did not even notice that she had approached where I was seated until I saw the bottom of her dress.

"Zübeyde Hatun, you asked for me."

She smiled, touching my face, "I know with everything happening, sitting down right now to talk probably deemed unsuitable, but I wanted you to know how proud I am with you."

My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"Obviously, not talking about you leaving the palace during the attack. I already talked to you about that, and it's a closed topic. I just had come to know that you started charities even before you married Tapar. Why did you not mention anything that day when you all came to greet me as Head Hatun?"

"Oh..." I laughed. "I thought I was here to receive bad news or get lectured...."

She laughed, holding my hand, "If I lecture you, then know that I am doing it for your best interest. In regards to bad news, may we not suffer anything bad."