Chapter 7

They all began departing the settlement; Aiyla glanced at Lord Melik as they slowly left.

Elçin Hatun noticed the glance that was stolen. She wondered what that was all about, little did she know that not even Aiyla knew.

The only thing Aiyla was sure about is that she needed to glance so she could get a sense of safety to form within her.

As they started their journey to Isfahan, Elçin Hatun couldn't help her curious self from knowing the only hatun who had accompanied Melik Tapar and the men with him.

"You are aware of who I am. So, who are you?" Elçin Hatun asked the young hatun.

"My name is Aiyla from the Kınık tribe." The young girl replied.

"You have a beautiful name." Elçin Hatun complimented Aiyla.

Aiyla smiled at her kind compliment while looking towards Melik Tapar.

She was annoyed at herself for paying attention to him. Yes, he was handsome but there was something else attracting her to pay attention to him.

Aiyla looked to towards Sencer. She just wanted to make sure that both of Başulu Hatun's children were safe. That woman had already suffered too much.

As they were in the woods, an arrow was shot out of nowhere, and Sencer yelled, "Trap!"

Lord Tapar yelled right after, "We are trapped!"

So much for preventing the fight earlier, Aiyla thought as she got down from Aslan.

"Cover Elçin Hatun!" yelled Sencer.

As he ran to cover Aiyla. "Stay down and be careful," he told her. She was behind Melik Tapar.

Though she had her hand on her sword handle, her left hand was grabbing Melik Tapar's cloak in fear. Though it was inappropriate for her to do, she couldn't control herself. She never really enjoyed blood and violence though she understood that some situations could not be over without shedding blood.

As she kept clutching Melik Tapar's cloak, she kept praying to Allah that this day would be over with no losses.

Arrows kept flying towards them, and they could only use the shields to protect themselves.

They kept walking forward while protecting themselves. A couple more arrows came their way, but then the men started running away.

A little moments after that, Sencer shielded Melik Tapar from an arrow that was aimed towards him.

Aiyla felt grateful but scared to think of what could have happened if Sencer didn't shield his brother; this made Aiyla grab Melik Tapar's left shoulder instead of keeping her left hand on only his cloak.

Melik Tapar sensed Aiyla's hand on his left shoulder and looked over to Sencer.

More arrows came shooting towards them. The attackers started a fire.

Sencer yelled quickly, "Bent down!"

As they all bent down and took covering with the shields.

Melik Tapar said, "We either go against their arrows, or we burn to death."

"Have you set a trap for us?" Melik Tapar questioned Elçin Hatun.

"Didn't you hear what I ordered my camp to do? They must have done this on their own." She replied sternly.

"It's not time to debate about such things; we are literally about to burn if we don't decide on something," Aiyla commented, annoyed.