Chapter 51

Aiyla put the roses throughout the room with Maryam's help.

"It looks beautiful, my lady," Maryam cheered gleefully.

Aiyla smiled, looking around the room. The red roses gave majestic vibes throughout the room.

Maryam was staring at the beautiful roses as Aiyla turned to her with a smile, "Maryam, I need a small favor tonight."

"Anything for you, Aiyla Hatun."

Aiyla couldn't forget that she needed to meet up with the guy that refused to give Maryam Hatun the information.

She was beyond frustrated because Sencer was accused of the murder of Sahbender Dukas. Aiyla knew this was a setup by someone to get Sencer thrown into trouble.

I swear this guy always pulls trouble from every direction towards himself.

As the night approached, Aiyla was thankful that tonight was Gevher's night so that meant won't be around in the room.

She wore a black cloak to cover herself as she sneaked out the palace. Aiyla had figured out a secret exit a while ago and now the time came to use it to her advantage.

Maryam was under the covers wearing a white scarf since Aiyla usually wears that type of color scarf, her job was to make herself seem asleep as she covers herself with the blankets to help blend in.

Maryam had wanted to tag along with Aiyla Hatun but Aiyla had insisted that two people will raise suspicion.

Aiyla was in the streets of Isfahan, walking to the same place she walked when she came with Sencer before she was ushered by to tag along on the mission to Anatolia. It felt like yesterday, but in reality, it's been a long time.

Time had swiftly passed them; Aiyla thought about how much time she had until she passed swiftly away as well.

Aiyla walked inside the abandoned stable. A man in a cloak was waiting while facing his back towards her.

"I'm here myself; now tell me the information you promised to tell," Aiyla spoke out to him.

The man smiled as he got closer to Aiyla.

This time Aiyla grabbed her sword and dagger with her, not taking any chances.

"I don't have much time to stick around here and talk to you as much as I wanted to; what can I say? Many people want me as well. It's only fair to be equally well in splitting my time between my enemies and friends." He laughed out loud.

"I'm not an enemy nor a friend, so spare me the prep talk and tell me what I want to know." Aiyla snapped at him.

He just smirked, "There's no grave." He told her.

Aiyla's hands went straight to his throat as she tightened her grip; she was furious. He could have just told Maryam instead of making her take the risk of leaving the palace under such circumstances.

He pushed her away from his throat as he rubbed the small mark that formed, "You have a deadly grip, you know. But next time, I'll snap your neck if you do anything reckless." He threatens Aiyla.

Aiyla got up and brushed off the dirt, "There won't be a next time you jerk." She spoke as she started walking away.

"Oh really? Not even if I tell you that your father is alive." He yelled out to her.