Chapter 83

Nizamülmülk got better as Turna Hatun had been able to successfully heal him again after the evil trick Terken Hatun had played to get her into great trouble.

The news about Aiyla Hatun being a spy and her exilement had been officially announced, the news spread quickly in the city of Isfahan and throughout the Seljuk lands.

Tapar was keeping his emotions inside him since the morning he stormed away after his father told him that Aiyla was exiled as a punishment for her being a spy.

He had been looking for Maryam Hatun who had been serving his wife, the main guards told him she was last seen the morning before Aiyla took Aslan for a stroll.

Tapar searched the dungeons privately when he had the time, because there was a chance she may have been imprisoned, but he found no trace of Maryam.

He and a trusted guard of his reached a small home, "Your Highness, this is the house of the relative that I told you about," The guard told Tapar.

Tapar nodded as he knocked the door, as the door opened an old lady appeared.

"How can I help you, son?"

"Is Maryam Hatun here?"

The old lady looked scared, "My granddaughter didn't do anything."

"I'm not here to punish her or anything but please I need to find her, she might have answers to my questions."

"Who are you?" She questioned Tapar.

"Melik Tapar, the husband of the hatun your granddaughter served."

Maryam's grandmother was conflicted not knowing if he was a friend or foe, but she spoke up, "Come in, Your Highness. Forgive me for keeping you outside by the door this long."

"On the contrary, thank you for allowing me in your home." He walked in after signalling his guard to stay posted in front of the home.

"Where is Maryam Hatun? At first, I thought she was with my wife and was exiled along with her but I did check the prisons in case she was being punished separately since she did serve my wife. My wife is innocent, I'm just looking for anything to prove her innocence. This is why I'm looking for your granddaughter, forgive me for coming at such a time, but my hands are tied." He spoke truthfully.

"My granddaughter is all I have in this world, it's only me and her. I've grown old and my sight is becoming bad as the days pass. She is the one that cares for me when I get too ill but now I'm the one caring for her." She sighed as she pulled the curtain that covered Maryam who was in the bed.

"One rainy night, she barely made it to the front of my doorsteps, bleeding from the back of her head. She passed out moments after I had asked her what happened. Since then, she's been unconscious in her bed. The healer that I begged to come and see her finally came after I sold the majority of my valuable things that my late husband had left for me. The healer said that he can't do anything and that her fate will be unknown."

Tapar was shocked, "Maryam Hatun?" He tried calling out but she was unconscious.

"It's no use, my son. When she regains consciousness at random times, she just says some weird things, pertaining to a trap and that something or someone died. I'm not sure if it means anything of importance or if she's dreaming. That's all I have to say, Your Highness. My granddaughter in this state won't be much help."

"Tamam. I will get her a good healer, she might be the key to Aiyla's innocence." Tapar told Maryam's grandmother before he bid her farewell and left.