Chapter 43

Nizamülmülk looked at Aiyla and then back at the doctor.

"You are not to tell anyone about this. I will let Melik Tapar be aware of this problem as soon as he arrives." He told the doctor.

"No one will speak to anyone about this. Not even to Melik Tapar." Aiyla spoke out, startling both the doctor and Nizamülmülk.

Aiyla had her eyes closed earlier, but it wasn't because she was unconscious, but because of how tired she was feeling which had made her eyelids feel too heavy to lift up.

Aiyla had heard everything that was spoken about her but was trying to process everything in her mind.

But now, she opened her eyes as she looked at the two people standing near her.

"I believe your husband should be aware of this." The doctor told Aiyla.

"Melik Tapar should know of this," Nizamülmülk spoke out, siding with the doctor.

"I said NO ONE! This will remain between us three. Tamam?!" Aiyla yelled out.

"Don't worry; I won't take my life, so don't be concerned...but if I learn that one of you told someone about this issue, then I won't hesitate to end it. Though then, both of you will be the cause of my death. Both of you will be damned with guilt for the rest of your lives." Aiyla pointed out.

Aiyla could have blackmailed Nizamülmülk easily with Sencer's secret but Aiyla could never use such a method, Sencer had trusted her and told her such an important secret, but threatening Nizamülmülk with it will only get Sencer in trouble and probably make Nizamülmülk take her life in the process.

The doctor nodded towards Nizamülmülk, and he gave in. He had too many secrets to hold, and now he would be adding this to the list.

"I give you my word to keep this between us only." Nizamülmülk and the doctor spoke together.

A faint smile appeared on Aiyla's face.

"Thank you both, I know it's a burden to keep such a secret, but May Allah bless you both because you keeping this secret will help me feel at ease. I want to live my usual life around the people I care about but if they learn about this, then it'll only cause them sadness and anxiety. And that's when I will truly be a burden." Aiyla told them both.

"Plus the guy that survived might be just a false hope that people made up, so people like me won't give up easily. But I'll be fine." Aiyla laughed, getting up on her feet.

She stood up straight as she spoke, "If anything happens to me one day, then Allah must have planned it for me."

Aiyla was about to leave before she remembered to ask for the doctor's name.

"My name is Ayse Hatun."

"Thank you, Ayse Hatun."

The doctor nodded as Aiyla moved past her; near the door, Aiyla turned around, "Thank you as well, Nizamülmülk." Aiyla gave him a soft smile.

"This is for the better, Nizamülmülk. Tapar should worry about the state's well-being more than mine. You said it yourself; the state comes before anything." Aiyla said with little emotion.

He nodded at her as she left because his tongue was tied after hearing what she said.

"Will she truly be okay?" He turned and asked the doctor.

"She'll suffer in great pain, but inshAllah we will figure it out as time passes by." Ayse spoke positively, trying to put some hope in her words.

He nodded at the response but was still disturbed by the whole situation.