Chapter 52: Lagos Tragedy

Evander's Pov

(Lagos, Nigeria, April 2016, Evander's Age: 18)

It's been months after what happened with Kraven and his goons. Now I'm and the other Avengers are on a mission in Lagos as we got a lead on Rumlow. Right now Steve is in an apartment, as me, Natasha, Wanda, and Eve are undercover in the streets and Sam is above us. Me and Wanda's cover are couples on a vacation while Eve and Natasha are on a business trip, soon Steve spoke up.

Steve: All right, what do you see?

Wanda: Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target.

Steve: There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?

Evander: Cameras.

Steve: Both cross streets are one way.

Wanda: So, compromised escape routes.

Steve: Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way. Do you see that Range Rover halfway up the block?

Eve: The red one?

Wanda: It's cute.

Evander: Eh.

Natasha: It's also bulletproof, which means private security......which means more guns....which also means more headaches for somebody. Probably us.

Wanda: You guys know I can move stuff with my minds right?

Evander: babe we know a plus I got some shadow powers

Wanda: True.

Natasha: Looking over your shoulder needs to become a second nature.

Eve: I second that.

Sam: Anybody tell you that you're a little paranoid?

Evander: I agree and same with you Eve.

Eve: Piss off.

Steve: Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him.

Sam: *scoffs* If he see us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hate us.

Evander: Mainly Steve more.

As couple of minutes had passed we soon realized that a truck down below us was armed and Natasha soon brought up a good point that it was a battering ram, and we soon noticed that he wasn't targeting the police.

Steve: Go now!

We all soon heard towards where Rumlow is as I opened a portal and jumps into and jumps out of another that spawned close by in my suit and started web swinging.

Steve: Body armour. AR-15s. I make eight hostiles.

I saw two hostiles and used  a shadow punch and punched them.

Evander: Make that six hostiles Cap.

Eve and Wanda came in as Eve took down one hostile and Wanda lifts the other one up.

Wanda: Sam?

Sam: *flies in and take he gut out* Four

I jumped to the ground and joined the others 

Eve: He's on the third floor.

Evander: Alright. *looks at Wanda* Ready just like we practice?

Wanda: But the gas?

Steve: Get it out.

She soon used her powers to lift me and Steve into the building as we got into the third floor we started to take down Rumlow's crew. After that we founded out that he wasn't here and my spider sense went off as I started to hear beeping noises, I noticed that they planted bombs so me and Steve outrun the explosion but it made us fly out of the building and onto the ground hard.

Evander: *gets up* We need to find Rumlow.

Steve: Yeah let's go.

We started making our way as we noticed that they took off their gear. Then we heard ticking as we saw that a bomb was on Steve's shield. I webs it and throws it in the air as it exploded. We turned our head and saw Rumlow running towards us. As we was fighting him we managed to disarm him and knocked him onto the ground. Steve ripped his mask off to revealed that his face was messed up from having that building falling on him since two years ago.

Rumlow: All things considered I think I look pretty good.

Evander: I don't know about that chief.

Steve: Who's the buyer?

Rumlow: You know he knew you. Your pal, Bucky.

Steve: What the hell did he say?

Rumlow: Your Bucky, he knew you, he remembered you, he got all weepy about it. Until they stuck his head back into the blender. He also wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go......you gotta go." And you're coming with me.

He then activated a bomb that was strapped to his chest and I popped out my stingers, but Wanda was a stepped ahead of me and used her powers to create a shield as the bomb went off. She lift in the air but there was a building that was near him and it was caught in the explosion. Wanda fell on her knees as tears started to fall as I hugged her close.

Steve: S...sam. We need fire and rescue on the south side of the building.