Chapter 22: Getting Answers

3rd Pov

As Steve, Natasha, and Evander was on their way to New Jersey, as Natasha looked behind her to see Evander fast asleep.

Natasha: So, where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?

Steve: Nazi Germany, and we're borrowing it. Take your feet of the dash.

Natasha: *put her feet down* Alright, I have a question; which you don't have to answer. But I feel, if you don't answer it though; you've kind of answering it you know?

Steve: *sighing* What?

Natasha: Was that your first kiss since 1945?

Steve: That bad huh?

Natasha: I didn't say it was.

Steve: Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying.

Natasha: No no, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had.

Steve: You don't need practice.

Natasha: Everyone needs practice.

Steve: *scoffs* It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm 95, not dead.

Natasha: Nobody special though?

Steve: *chuckles* Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience.

Natasha: That doesn't matter, just make something up.

Steve: What? Like you?

Natasha: I don't know; truth is only in the matter of circumstance. It's not all things to people at all. So neither am I.

Steve: Right, so is there anyone in your life you're completely honest to?

Natasha: No I don't.

Steve: You know it's hard to trust someone you don't really know much.

Natasha: Who do you want me to be?

Steve: A friend.

Natasha: There's a chance you maybe in the wrong business for that, Rogers. 

They soon stayed quiet as they was making their way to Jersey.

Evander's Pov

I felt the car stopped and I opened my eyes and saw Natasha.

Natasha: Hey sweetie we're here.

Evander: *groans* Okay.

We got out of the car and looked around what seems to be an old military base what's look like from WW2.

Natasha: This is where the file came from.

Steve: So did I.

We soon walked into the base as Natasha was searching for any devices that produce electricity.

Steve: I was trained here.

Evander: Has anything changed? 

Steve: A little.

Natasha: This is dead end. No heat signatures, no waves. Hell there's even no radio wave. 

Me and Natasha looked at Steve as he was staring at an old building.

Steve: Army regulation forbid any ammunition being stored 500 yards beyond the barracks. That means this building is in the wrong place. *breaks the locks with his shield*

We soon walked down the stairs and the placed looked like a base of operations for S.H.I.E.L.D that was founded after WW2.

Natasha: This is S.H.I.E.L.D?