Chapter 21: Being Fugitives

Evander's Pov

Me and Steve made it to the hospital while keeping a low profile with hearing hoodies so no one knows who we are. We soon walked towards the vending machine where I hid the  hard drive but it wasn't there. 

Evander: The bloody hell? Where is it?

I looked at the reflection and noticed Natasha as me and Steve turn our heads and saw her. Soon Steve grabbed her and pushes her into the rom while I followed and closed the door behind me.

Steve: Where is it?

Natasha: Safe.

Steve: Do better.

Natasha: Were did you get it?

Evander: Oi what's on it?

Natasha: I don't know.

Steve: Stop lying to us.

Evander: Okay let's stop acting the maggot now.

Both: *looks at me confused*

Evander: It means messing around I'm part Irish.

Natasha: *looks at Steve* I only pretend to know everything Rogers.

Evander: So I'm guessing that Fury had hired those pirates to board that ship.

Natasha: It makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way onto the ship and so you two did his job.

Steve: We're not going to ask you again.

Natasha: I know who killed Fury. Most intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, but the one that do call him the winter soldier. He's credited with two dozen assassination attempts in the last fifty years. That's just the ones they know.

Evander: Wait so he's a ghost?

Then me and Steve listen to Natasha on how she had a job and ran into the winter soldier and how he killed the person she was protecting. Then she showed us the scar he gave her to which I looked away.

Natasha: Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye bye bikinis.

Evander: Did not need to know that thank you.

Steve: Yeah, I bet you look awful in them now.

Evander: *chuckles* Jeez.

Natasha: Going after him is a dead end. I tried. *holds up the drive* Like you, he's a ghost story. *gives Steve the drive*

Steve: Then let's find out what the ghost wants.

Evander: Wait what about that woman with the ice powers?

Natasha: This is the second time I'm hearing about her, but she is as deadly as the winter soldier.

Evander: What is her name?

Natasha: The name she goes by is Frost.

Evander: Heh ice puns. Alright now let's find out about them.

We soon left the hospital to find out what's on that drive.

Steve's Pov

After we left the hospital, we went to the mall to find something to plug this drive in. We told Evander to hide and wait for us; while me and Natasha will figure out what's on the drive. Now we are walking as I was walking really fast, Natasha stopped me.

Natasha: First rule of being on the run, is walk don't run.

Steve: I think if I'm running these shoes are gonna go off.

We made our way into the computer store and I saw Natasha plugged in the drive into a computer and sooner later we found out that this drive came from Wheaton in New Jersey. After that we then moved very quickly so that S.H.I.E.L.D because we plugged the drive in; now we managed to escape from some agents and now on our way to leave the mall as we are on the escalator and saw Rumlow of the other side of me and Natasha, and she turned to me.

Natasha: *whispering* Kiss me.

Steve: What?

Natasha: *still whispering* Public display of affection make people uncomfortable.

Steve: *whispering* Yeah I know.

Out of nowhere Natasha kissed me, soon Rumlow passes us as Natasha pulled away from me.

Natasha: You still feeling uncomfortable?

Steve: That's not exactly the word I'd use.

Soon we left the mall and met up with Evander and as I stole a car and we soon made our way to New Jersey.