It was late and all she wanted to do was go to bed.

Zelda began to bark, which caught her off guard. Zelda never barked.

She walked over to her door to look out into the hallway. It was dark. She knew

Max and Roxanne were safe in their room, but what about Stacey and Mocha?

"I'm being silly," she said, turning back, but noticed Zelda ran past her and down the stairs.

"Hey!" she yelled after her.

"Everything okay?" Max asked, opening the door. He was only wearing his pajama pants. Jasmine felt her face get hot and quickly looked away.

"Zelda's acting strange," Jasmine said. "It's probably nothing, I'm going to go check it out,"

"No, we're coming," Roxanne said, tightening her pink robe around her. "Even if it is nothing,"

Jasmine nodded and made her way down the dark steps. It was eerily quiet and so cold.

She felt Max's hand firmly grasp her shoulder before she could take another step. He pointed at the wide open door, which was letting the cold January air inside.

"Zelda ran out!" Jasmine exclaimed, feeling her heart race. She jumped the last few steps and ran out, her bare feet touching the snow covered pathway.

Zelda was at the edge of the gate, looking towards the street. Jasmine noticed the various footprints in the snow, and felt a chill unrelated to the cold run through her body.

"Check the girls out," Jasmine said to Max. "Someone was just in our house, and we need to make sure everyone is accounted for,"

"I'll call the cops," Roxanne said, running inside.

"No," Jasmine said, grabbing her hand. "They could still be in there,"

"She's right," Max said.

"But you're going in there!" Roxanne protested.

Max shrugged and ran inside before Roxane could say anything more.

"I don't like the looks of this," Roxanne said as Jasmine went over and grabbed Zelda.

"I don't either, let's just hope it was robbers and nothing more," Jasmine said, as she watched the street. It was empty.

A few moments later Max walked out with Mocha.

"Hey what's going on?" Mocha asked, her blanket around her. "Where's Stacey?"

"I couldn't find Stacey," Max said, "She wasn't in her room,"

"This can't be," Roxanne said "She went to bed with the rest of us! I know she wanted to order pizza and watch a movie, but since we had already had dinner-"

"You don't think she went out on her own?" Max asked

"No, she wouldn't do that," Roxanne said. "We have to call the police."

Max nodded. "I'll call Bobby and see if she's with him,"

Jasmine knew that Stacey wouldn't be Bobby...

"Hello?" Bradley picked up the phone, his mind foggy. He had just been in the middle of a dream.

"Hey! Is Stacey with you by any chance?" Roxanne asked, panic in her voice.

Bradley looked over at the clock. It was past midnight.