The Secret is Out

Começar do início

"Thank you sir," Tony said.

"Nonsense, thank you," he replied pointing to a woman behind him. "This is Wanda, she's in charge of the shoot today,"

A short blond woman bowed to both of them, a clipboard in her hand. She looked friendly enough.

"I hope we can get this done quickly," Wanda said smiling. "I know it's cold out here,"

"I'd appreciate a coat," Jasmine said, "That way I can stay warm between shoots,"

"Of course!" Mr. Uppercrust said, snapping his fingers. "A coat for the lady!"

Someone ran up to Mr. Uppercrust and handed him a large fur coat. He walked up to her and placed it on her shoulders.

"How's Bradley doing?" he asked her softly. She felt her face flush.

"Uh, he's fine." she said, trying to fake a smile. She was so nervous out of nowhere. "I heard he's dating someone,"

"Is he now?" he asked, an eyebrow raised. "Don't tell me it's that girl he spent Christmas with,"

"I'm afraid so," she blurted out. She looked at Tony who shrugged.

"I thought he said he didn't have anything with her," Mr. Uppercrust said. "I had spoken with him just yesterday,"

Jasmine frowned. That couldn't be right. Roxanne had told her.

"Well, Mr. Uppercrust, if you don't mind, we are in a time crunch. We need to work with the sun! Not against it, if you please!" Wanda said, shooing him away.

Bradley waited for Roxanne at the end of her class. She looked shocked to see him but hugged him anyway.

"I'm sorry to have worried you earlier, but things are okay for now," she told him as she put her hat on. "We talked it out,"

"Nothing serious I hope," he said, knowing that whatever it was, was private.

"I wish I could say," she said. "Anyways, what's up with you? Did you have class?"

"No, I just had the one today. Tomorrow I have an accounting class and a business class." he said, walking beside her.

"Where's Cora?"

"She's booked up all day," he said, feeling relieved.

"I'm glad we get to see each other, it's so hard to see you these days," Roxanne said. He couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I'm sorry about that," he said as they walked out of the building.

"We just miss you, Stace and I," she said.

"I miss you guys too, trust me," he sighed. "Could I tell you something?"

Roxanne turned to him and nodded.

"Keep this between us, please." Bradley said nervously.

"Of course," Roxanne said, the wind blowing her hair behind her. The snow was still falling.

They continued to walk away from the building, making their way toward the neighborhood. He knew Roxanne was walking home. He offered her his arm, which she took. He didn't need her to fall on black ice.

"Lately Cora's been very clingy," he confessed. "Ever since we came back from Greece,"

"Why's that? Did something happen?" Roxanne asked him, tightening the scarf around her face.

Bradley chuckled.

"It did, didn't it?"

"Yeah, I kind of lost control on New Years," he admitted.