Chapter 77

"Do you blame yourself?" Multiple voices of both boy and woman spoke together.

"What?" He Xuan turns his head little and sees a young teenage ghost looking at him. It was like looking at a mirror, the hair was slightly different...

"Well, it's quite common in the situation for a person to feel the kind of guilt."

He Xuan calmly asked, looking forward, "What situation?"

"The accident..."

He Xuan turn to the young ghost who change to Hua Fen when he turned. "Or was it not..."

"Get back! GET BACK!" He Xuan backs away as the hallucinating ghost walks towards him, still in Hua Fen's form. She was bloody where her private part is, it soaks through her nightgown, her makeup is ruined, her mascara running down her cheeks, she looked like she cried all night and is desperate of something...

But the brutal and most disturbing thing that will haunt He Xuan possibly forever was what the ghost was holding.

"Come. Love your son...properly..." The hallucinating Hua Fen reveals a baby that was inside a black blanket. All bloody up. "Let's be family...together! Second chance! That's all I wanted!"

"No. No! NO!"

...

"NO," He Xuan woke up in cold sweat. A nightmare? Sleep paralysis? Lucid dream? Hua Fen taunting him? Or is it...his own son taunting him instead? Either way, it scared him.

He claims the his son is dead to him and is alive in a void. His son has no access to the outside world or leave the void, or so he thought...

"Ming-Xiong? Ming-Xiong!? What's wrong," Shi Qingxuan asked, patting and rubbing He Xuan's back to calm him down.

"...nothing."

"Do you need some water?"

"...no! I'm fine. I need air."

"But, you're a ghost!"

"Can't hear you! I'm leaving," He Xuan ignored Shi Qingxuan and went outside to the surface of his ocean shore.

"...w...who was that? Why he want me to feel...so much guilt from centuries ago? It's all in the past! Why I need to feel afraid!?"

...

"Hua Fen?"

"Yes, He Xuan? What are you doing here at this time of night," Hua Fen asked, without looking away from her reading.

"I need to talk to you. It's urgent...I think I was our child...as a teenager in my dream."

Hua Fen stops reading, looks at He Xuan, and ask, "What!? Are you sure!?"

"...yes. No...I'm unsure."

Hua Fen gets up carefully and said to him, "You better not fuck with me, He Xuan! I can't afford losing other baby because of you! I have one more month to go!"

"I'm telling the truth! It was some random ghost that have a voice of both boy and woman talking at once. He looks like me, but more younger-"

"Your younger-self?"

"No. He have a gem that you have."

"...carry on..."

"He start saying something about guilt. And the accident about your miscarriage or so he thought it was, but during that he turn into you when I turn!"

"Why me?"

"Don't know...you was in a nightgown, you're blood up from you bottom part of you, your makeup was ruin, and you looked like you cried for several days! And you was holding something that terrifies me..."

"What was it?"

"Our son's dead bod-"

Hua Fen becomes paler than before and nearly fall on her chair, but He Xuan caught her just in time and carefully puts her in the chair. "Breathe..."

Hua Fen did what he says and was calm. "Sorry...continue."

"You wanted me to hold our baby and pleaded for another chance to start things all over. I don't know if that...thing...is really our child..."

"Why I want to start over my relationship with you?"

"Don't know."

Hua Fen thinks for a moment and spoke again,"He Xuan, have it ever occurred you that He Shui wants revenge on what you did? He wants you to feel guilty of what you done to...us, right?"

"No clue."

Hua Fen sighs and said, "I'm not a super expert on nightmares and psychological issues, but we have to keep He Shui a secret. He's only our concern. If anyone knows, who knows what could happens! I'm not going to be the talk of the show again that will take the blame!"

He Xuan looked grim. "So, your reputation matters more than our son's trauma?"

"No! I would never. I meant rumors spread faster than you cumming fast. Mostly those Heavenly Fucks might talk bad about He Shui..."

"I guess you're right. But we can't talk to him. He don't have access to communicate with anyone."

"...I guess. Deal with it. It's your fault after all. You killed him. You traumatized him. You buried him. If your "man" being roasted, so will you."

He Xuan sighs and asked, "How long this will last!?"

"...If He Shui is a teenager ghost, it's a one time thing. If he is a child, it will continue till he's a teenager. I haven't learn from experience, but a friend told me about it."

"Well, I did I another from him."

"He's a kid, apparently. You fuck up bad."

"...a fucking kid traumatizing me?"

"Not just "a fucking kid", it's your son asking to kill yourself the way you did to him. Poison."

"..."

"Any last words before you leave, He Xuan?"

"...no. That's all."

He Xuan hugs Hua Fen and left the Manor, passing by Hua Cheng and Yin Yu. Two men look at each other and figure something's up, but they tried shrug it off and go back talking about business.

The "The Accident" meme is perfect for this chapter, but I switched the meme up a little. If you know what this chapter is referring to, good to know . If you don't, look at Chapter 73 to catch a brief memory.

What is your prediction about He Xuan's nightmare?