Chapter 3

At The Spiritual Communication Array...

"Why The Blood Red Owl here," a god asked another.

"The emperor is already bad enough," a goddess claims. More chatter and worries around. Some are worry about their palaces will be robbed or burnt by Hua Fen. Some are eager to take her out.

Ling Wen begins to clear her throat to get everyone attention and looks at Xie Lian and Hua Cheng.

"What's wrong with Hua Fen coming here," Xie Lian ask.

Gasps around.

"Are you going mad!? White-Clothed might be the most dangerous calamity, but Blood Red Owl is the most dangerous one of all! Even for a girl so young and have beauty, she's stronger than a martial god, Bai Wuxiang, basically everyone. She tricked Pei Ming 5 times with her looks," a god exclaims.

Some gods nodded. Surprisingly, Pei Ming did too.

"What her calamity do," Xie Lian turns to Ling Wen.

"The Blood Red Owl is a special calamity where only children who suffers from a dark past can be taken care of. Owls will appear on tree branches; seeking for children who are either abused, homeless, poor, or abandoned. Children praises The Blood Red Owl and thinks of her as a goddess. They ask for wishes and will be granted. There will be festivals hosted by children, calling it, 'Savior of Children'."

"Didn't know children can make a festival like that. But, why fearing her," Xie Lian commented. Feng Xin takes over.

"The calamity is relevant to her own past. She killed mothers, fathers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, the whole family who abused the kids. The kids makes it the biggest deal only because she is their savior. The entire Heaven is worried that the children are brainwashed, enjoys the death of their families, and become her big army," Feng Xin stops when seeing Xie Lian, who is dumbfounded about this.

"The kids starts to acknowledge her as a mom because of her massacring. Many new mothers are afraid that their unborn will be like them, even if they are pregnant with a God's child," He finishes.

Xie Lian couldn't believe it. All this time, Hua Fen is insanely a serial killer, but have a reason to kill. At first sight, she's a beautiful young woman, but so cold and dark.

"San Lang, what is your past? She cause this calamity for a reason, right," he could help, but to ask. Hua Cheng nodded.

"Since we were young and alive, my mother shows hate towards me because of my red eye, but never to Hua Fen. Hua Fen couldn't let me die from domestic abuse, so she killed our mother and maybe the rest of our family."

More gasps around after hearing this.

Xie Lian refuses to hear more, but he wants to understand Hua Fen.

"I'm sincerely sorry, Gege," Hua Cheng apologies.

"No. No. It's fine. The one thing I don't get is the festival. When does that happens?"

"The festival only happens when her birthday arrives. Only children, that are in a terrible situation in survival, is invited," Mu Qing explains.

"What activities they do?"

"Like little monsters, they forced elders to built a statue of Hua Fen and begin their wishes and offerings. They vow to have their kids do the same," a god explains.

"Similar to what our followers will do with our temples," Pei Ming spoke. There were nods around the room.

"So, what I'm getting is that Hua Fen was a goddess," Xie Lian adds them up.