Chapter 39

Yin Yu

After an hour later of comforting Hua Fen, she fell asleep. I lay there, watching her small body going up and down after every second of her soft breathing. I got closer and cupped her cheek and move some strands of hair off her face. She really reminds me of a little baby who has a bad day. But I wonder how.

During our hour of comforting, she told me that she's afraid that she might act like He Xuan because of their horrible time together. He Xuan would always shout, lower her self-esteem, anything to make her a mindless slave for him. I don't think there was a time and place they were acting like a happy couple. Surprisingly, Wind Master said there were some more violent things going on before he and He Xuan was together. From what I also learn, their fights went verbal to physical. The physical started because of one thing Hua Fen thought it might fix everything, a child.

It seems like He Xuan hated kids, but how would he hate kids when he helps babysit Guzi with Hua Fen. Does she notice about that? Since me and Hua Fen got together, the visible signs becomes more noticeable on He Xuan of how jealous he was. Wind Master even notice it. It was obvious to others anyway. But, why?

Something about He Xuan trying to find ways to be around Hua Fen angers me. I don't like how beautiful Hua Fen is. Because of her beauty, perverted men will come around and try to grab her in every way as possible. If I stay close to her and protect her even if she don't need the protection, she'll be fine and I'll be happy with that too.

"Yin-Yin..." I woke up from my thoughts and look down at Hua Fen. Her eyes were still close. But she was sweating and flinching a lot. A nightmare. She rarely have those. Is this because of her shouting at me?

"Shhh...it'll be alright."

"No...I..."

"Shhh...Don't push yourself too hard. Just don't think about it."

"No. I want..." She pauses for a moment, but didn't say anything else.

"Mn?"

"I want...to bare your..." Another pause.

"What? What is it?"

"I want to bare your child..."

What!?

Without thinking I threw myself off the bed, casings Hua Fen to woke up quickly.

"Yin-Yin!? Are you okay!?"

"I'm...fine..." I got up and lay back on the bed.

"Why did you do that?"

"Could you repeat what you said?"

"Repeat what?"

"You was sleeping and was sleep talking! You were sweating, flinching, moaning, and groaning and I thought you was having a nightmare about what happen and-"

"What did I say," Hua Fen ask impatiently. Wait, what? She don't remember what she said to me!?

"You don't remember," I ask, wanting to be sure. She shook her head. Wait...then how...why...This is so confusing!

"You don't remember what you said?"

She shook her head again. She looks at me weirdly as if I was hallucinating. I thought I was! Really thought I did!

"You said you wanted to bare my child." Hua Fen looks at me for a moment as if she's getting ready to charge at me. But instead of that, she laughs as if I was saying a joke.

"Haha! You're so funny, Yin-Yin! Why would you think that!?"

I looked surprise and chuckled nervously to play along. "You said so yourself! Not me!"