Chapter 14

"Why?"

"Just meet me there. Alone."

"Now or-"

"Now," He Xuan said firmly.

"Fine."

After He Xuan left, Hua Fen doesn't know how to react her own ex wants her on the favorite spot. The spot they fall in love. Tonglu Mountain. The two meet during that time where He Xuan spend 12 years before being Ghost King.

Hua Fen was living in the woods with the owls and the fellow creatures. Some were ghosts who come by and spoke to her. Then, she met him.

"Hey, lone wolf," A man voice approach towards me. She looks up and he was demon like and have the most palest skin like hers and wear black robes.

"Hello. I prefer lone owl," She joked.

"Heh. Got a name?"

"Hua Fen."

"Hua? Are you related to Hua Cheng by any chance?"

"Yes. I was abandon."

"Why?"

"It's a long story. I sacrifice my mortal life to kill Bai Wuxiang and become this."

"Oh. So you're the hero that killed White-Clothed I've been hearing about."

"Well, technically not kill. More like imprisoned inside my body. But, sure."

He Xuan nodded and said, "Have any places to go?"

"No. Not really. You?"

"Yes. Black Water Demon Lair."

"Oh. Who's Black Water," Hua Fen knows exactly who's Black Water. She only wants to tease him a bit.

"Seriously? Me, you dumbass."

"Well, excuse me!"

He Xuan sighs and said, "Look, I'm in huge debt with your brother. I'm giving you an offer. Live with me or be a food to my bone fishes."

"Why?"

"Because you seem cool."

"Yes. And?"

"And you could be useful."

"Yes. And?"

"And I'm busy and my giant skeletal fishes are special to me, so I want someone to take good care of them."

"Yes. And?"

"Say that one more that, I swear on your little ass that you'll regret it."

"Fine. I accept. What's the catch?"

"Nothing."

"This is a joke, right? You randomly stop by and give me an offer to be your stupid dead ass fishes?"

"You randomly accept it."

"You're randomly accepting extinction right now," Hua Fen trying to be stoned faced without growling.

"You have jokes. Like that. Now, come," He Xuan gestures Hua Fen to stand. As Hua Fen stand, He Xuan took Hua Fen to his Lair where she'll be held as captive.

After he began Ghost King, they became close and always have dates on the Mountain. Sometimes, He Xuan would forcefully stop Hua Fen, so he can corrupt her body. It wasn't her ideal. The pressure was exhausting (if you thinks this as rape, then sadly yes). She gives in after it worn her out and fell in love. He Xuan never felt the same way, but play along.