Chapter 18

Two weeks later, at the Puqi Shrine...

As Xie Lian and Hua Cheng enter the gates of the shrine after they transfer to the Mortal Realm, they remember everything from memory. It's been years since the shrine was abandoned. Xie Lian move into places now. Heaven Realm and Ghost Realm. His palace to The Paradise Manor.

"Wow, it just how we left it," Xie Lian said as he look around and touched a board that blocks the door.

"It's been a long time," Hua Cheng agree. He look at the mess. It was filled with scraps of the roof and the wood. Alas, Hua Cheng's workshop journey has come to an end. It appears to be that a boulder smash the workshop table that Hua Fen gave to him as a gift for his birthday. He spent all morning building and repairing nonstop because of the gift.

"Be grateful that I unexpectedly gave you a birthday gift. I don't want to, but you should feel blessed," He remembers her words.

"Thank you, sis."

"Good. Now, my allowance."

"What?"

"I gave you something with MY money. I hardly have any. If you want me to buy you more gifts on your birthdays, pay me," She have hand out for the money.

Hua Cheng sweats and said, "I...uhh...forgot the money. Don't worry you will receive it sooner or later."

"You better."

"Oh no! Not the workshop table! You love it," Xie Lian exclaims as he got where Hua Cheng is standing.

"Yeah. That's a good waste of 10,000 yuan (Yuan is the money unit in China. Approximately, 1,554.39 in United States Dollars after researching for you)."

"10,000 YUANS!?"

"Don't worry, Gege! Hua Fen's won't kill me for this! As long as I pay her, things will be fine!"

Xie Lian hesitate to say anything further, but all he could mutter is, "I hope so."

He seen Hua Fen's rage. She once drag him downstairs by the hair in his own palace a week ago when she comes back from the Heavens. She was angry at Ruoye for making his death attempt on strangling Bao. Xie Shu freaks out and then, the two fought. Xie Lian don't know whether to laugh or cry at this situation.

Hua Cheng heads for the entrance and grab a hammer that's near the door. He began to unhook the nails with the back of the hammer. As the board falls, dust flies out from it, leading Hua Cheng and Xie Lian to cough and sweep it away from their faces with their hands.

"That's one dusty wood," Hua Cheng exclaimed.

"Yeah," Xie Lian agree. "Hey, do you know what we should do!? Throw out a dinner party! We never done that! I'll cook after we clean up!"

"Gege always have to brightest ideas. I'll invite guest over after cleaning!"

"Great!"

When Hua Cheng opens the door, more like a pushing the door to death instead, dust everywhere. Some trying to create dust bunnies. Planks of wood stacked on their hay handmade bed, windows were blocked by two wood planks of each window. Due to many thunderstorms, parts of the wood from the ceiling starts to rot and leave a green, mossy, iciness to it. If you wonder what happen to the shrine, let's say...it was no longer needed for years till today.

"Wow. This place is...*ahem*...how does Hua Fen say it," Xie Lian turn to his husband to complete the sentence.

"Fuck up. Needs damage control. Those are two statements she will say."

"Yeah. This will take forever. I can't believe we almost forgot about this place."

"Yes. It brings us closer together," Hua Cheng got close to Xie Lian and peck a kiss on his neck.

"Hehe! True! We better get started."

"Mmm-hmm!"

All day, afternoon, evening, and half of the late night, they cleaned the shrine. Hua Cheng do the replacing of the worn woods and pathing up while Xie Lian sweep the dust and go trash shopping to random stalls in the Mortal Realm.

Once Xie Lian comes back from shopping, he sees Yin Yu and Hua Fen talking to Hua Cheng. After a minute, Hua Fen slaps Hua Cheng and acts cheery towards Yin Yu. Xie Lian rush down there and also making sure there not a single scrap dropped from his sack.

"Hua Fen! I saw you slap your own brother! Why," Xie Lian asked.

"My money is down the drain that's all. I have to get my anger out somehow."

"By slapping your brother?"

She nodded without hesitation.

Xie Lian blinked twice and asked more questions, "Okay...why you here? How do you know where we were-"

"I came to go to my children's village for a visit before the festival. No biggie. Hua Cheng caught my attention and told me everything and even what happen to the workshop table. I was frustrated."

"...oh? We was wondering if you would like to come to our dinner party at the shrine soon! I'll use your cookbook!"

Hua Fen laugh hysterically and said, "Oh, Xie Lian, even without or with a cookbook, you're still horrible at cooking. You'll make it." Then, she murmured, "Not."

"Aww, thank you for the strong kind encouragement!"

"I'll bring my bloody sweet tea over," Hua Fen clasped her hands together.

"Bloody what?"

"Bloody Sweet Tea! My favorite tea. Made from the dumb, poor, unfortunate souls' blood mixed with a teabag and sugar."

"...umm...no thank you."

"Did I ask?"

"No."

Hua Fen smiles and said, "Good. Me and Yin Yu will see you then. Yin Yu, come."

As she grabs her staff that was chilling on the side of the wall, she walks out of the gates with Yin Yu and Bao follows her.

"Are you okay," Xie Lian turn to his husband after they left.

"I can't feel my cheek, but overall, I'm fine."

"Good to know! Let's continue working!"

The couple continues on reshaping the shrine up till the next day. It was like the old times again. This took them about four weeks or so. The Puqi Shrine was good as new and was ready for guests to welcome in.