Chapter 49

That night, Shi Wudu receives a letter from Xie Shu. She wanted him to come to her palace, for what? However, Shi Wudu known Xie Shu's handwriting. Hers is very unique. Exquisite. This handwriting is from a different person. Could it be that the person is trying to lure him to the end of his godly fate?

He studied the letter. It was indeed Shi Qingxuan trying to impersonate Xie Shu by trying to copy her handwriting. For what for?

Shi Wudu sighs and wants to confront this to his brother, but Shi Qingxuan is out with He Xuan.

"That silly boy. I'll have to discuss the matter with Xie Shu," Shi Wudu tucked the letter in his robes. Then, he heads off to Xie Shu's palace.

When he got there, he knocked on her door several times and not opening. He was not surprise. Xie Shu always up and gone and come back later on or she could have gone to sleep since it's night.

Before Shi Wudu could turn around, the door slightly opens with a creaky sound. He opens the door and walks in with hesitation.

"Xie Shu? Hello? Anyone here?"

"Up here," It was Xie Shu's voice from upstairs. Shi Wudu follow her humming. When he reaches to her room, he saw her brushes her hair. Her hair was smooth and slick. Every strands twirls when she twirls. She was dressed in a nice light sky robe that Shi Wudu brought for her. It looked comfortable on her.

"You want to meet me here," He ask just to be sure it wasn't her.

"No. Why you ask?" Xie Shu settles her hairbrush down.

"Good, because I know this isn't you handwriting at all." He show the letter to her. Xie Shu takes and observes it for a minute. She chuckles and said, "Oh, Shi Wudu! You're right! Very good observation! You've must hand been a pretty good observer, hm?" She smiled more when Shi Wudu blushes at her compliments.

"I...well...I just thought your writing was beautiful..."

"Hehe! Thank you! Learning Calligraphy really paid off!"

"Yes...look...my brother is just so wrap around the crazy idea that I'm in love with you. I'm not!" Then, he mutters, "Unless, you felt the same way about me."

"What was that?"

Shi Wudu blushes more and said, "Nothing! I mean- Shi Qingxuan is out of his mind-"

"That he thinks you're in love with me and decided to trick you into thinking that I wrote this?"

"Yes...how did you-"

"I learn faster with my knowledge. Let's say that I have my way."

"That's...actually impressive..."

"Mn. How about you sit on the bed with me? I know it's uncomfortable for you to just stand there." Xie Shu moves to her bed, then she pats a spot on her bed.

"Yes...thank you."

"You're always welcome here! There's no need to thank me!" That made Shi Wudu smile.

He sat next to Xie Shu as she wrap her hair into a messy bun and stick a hair pin to hold the hair in place. She began to lay her head on Shi Wudu's shoulder. Shi Wudu gently kissed the top of her head without her feeling the kiss.

"Now, continue on with your brother..."

"Yes. Well, I'm not going to say thing word about him. But, he just...he just...what's the word I'm looking for?" Shi Wudu starts to think.

"Delusional? Pathetic? Dumbfounded? Stupid?"

"Stupid! Yes! That's the word! He Xuan is a terrible person! He'll treats him badly like he did to Hua Fen! I can feel it! I want to protect him from that!"

Xie Shu chuckles and said, "You and I are alike! I tried to persuade Xie-Xie that Hua Cheng is a horrible person. But, he won't believe me. He tries to prove it to me that Hua Cheng can be a good person. Then, he starts using my quotes against me."

"He really did that?"

"Yes! He pull the reverse on me! Can you believe it!?" Xie Shu began to looks exaggerated.

"I can't."

"Well, that's Younger sibling issues. They can have a smart mouth."

"Tell me about it." Shi Wudu rolled his eyes.

Xie Shu smiles and ask, "So, how long you're going to be here?"

"As long as you want me to leave."

"I don't want to you to leave. It be lonely without Xie Lian here."

"It be lonely without Shi Qingxuan here."

The two sighs as they stares at the distance. They were so focus on working and protecting when they realize their younger siblings that they have been protecting for centuries have grown up and found love. With Ghost Kings that are dangerous enough.

Xie Shu looks at Shi Wudu. She pressed her finger against her lips. Imagine finding love and get remarried. The trauma she dealt with her husband was excruciating. She hates death. She hates dying. She hates losing family. She hates being alone. She still won't tell anyone what actually happen.

"What happens if I kiss you," Xie Shu asks.

Shi Wudu blushes and said, "Then, I would kiss you back." She smiles, then he smiles.

They got closer. Their eyes contacted. Xie Shu crawled on top of Shi Wudu. Shi Wudu pulls her close firmly. And then...

"GEGE! YOU HERE!?" It was Shi Qingxuan.

"Fuck," Shi Wudu whispered.

Xie Shu gets off of his lap and off the bed. She straightened herself and stands up. She opens her door and shouted, "He's up here!"

"Well, it was fun as it lasted."

"Yes," Xie Shu smiles as she tries hiding the blush. "It is. Forget about what I was trying to do..."

"Don't worry. It'll be out little secret." Shi Wudu hugs Xie Shu before he leaves and walks out the door with Shi Qingxuan. Xie Shu smirked and watch the brothers leave. She can feel Shi Wudu's hands griping her waist when she sat on top of his lay. It felt sexual in a way. Xie Shu never have sex before, but she knows movements that are sexual. What she did was sitting on top of him, which is one movement that was sexual and him gripping her close was also sexual.

"What am I going to do with you, Shi Wudu. You're...the perfect one for me."