Chapter 48

For weeks now, I started to do my first digital art. And the character I choose should have more appreciation, so I did an art of our JieJie, Xie Shu! I think the results of my first digital art is amazing! I still prefer the traditional way like pencil and paper. Speaking of traditional way, I'm doing an art that is due on Halloween for you guys, it is inspired by a well known Netflix series that has been blowing up the media lately (Hint: circle, triangle, square). I'm also going to making a chapter on Halloween too for a birthday special of a character you might know quite well of. I wonder who's birthday is on Halloween...👀 Can you guess?

"Let's go! Let's go! You have to tell her!" Shi Qingxuan pushes his brother to the Palace of Xianle

"And tell her what!? "Hey, Xie Shu, my brother thinks I have a crush on you and I like you as a friend, so takes some sense into him?" I do that!"

Shi Qingxuan made a grim face and said, "No. She might like you more than friends. You never know!"

"She probably don't like like me. She's probably afraid that I'll die like her husband did when she was mortal-"

"SHE'S MARRIED!?"

"What? Yes. She was! She's a widow now and remains that way. No one knows what actually happen to him after the Civil War in Xianle. He just vanished. Rumors around say that he left Xie Shu to fight and die, so he can come back for the throne of Xianle. Others saying that there is coincidence to spouses died in wars."

"Well, what do you think?"

"Me? Well, I think he travel somewhere and never came back. Might've died."

"How long they have been married?"

"Xie Lian told me that his sister and her spouse was married for 4 years before the war started. They became Empress and Emperor on Xie Shu's first coronation. They got married on that day too. Xie Lian said that his sister's smile was the brightest thing that lights up the night. I can imagine it."

Shi Qingxuan smiled and ask another question, "Does she ever talk about her husband?"

"No. After years, decades, he became forgotten to her. If you ask about him to her, she'll just give you the stink eye and left. You can tell that it was pissing her off." Shi Wudu looks up at the Xie's palace and fan himself with his Water Fan.

"Then, her husband might have down something terrible to her if she giver you the stink eye! Right!?"

"Maybe so. But, I don't want to take chances and ask her about her thoughts on falling in love again! It will pressure her. I don't want that to happen..."

Shi Qingxuan sighs and said, "I see. But, it's been decades! You said that she have forgotten about him! You can take his place!"

"Doesn't mean you're married, doesn't mean that I have to find love. Love is just something that people wants because they are heartless people!"

"Like Hua Fen."

"Yeah! Her-" Shi Wudu stops talking and presses his lips against his fan.

"Like you?"

"Shut up." Shi Wudu turn to his brother with a disgust face, then he turns around and walks away.

"Gege!"

"Hi, Shi Wudu! Hi, Shi Qingxuan," a female voice appeared. The brothers turns to see Xie Shu waving at them and holding a baskets of fruits. She turns to the palace and before she could enter, Shi Qingxuan rushes to her.

"XIE SHU! XIE SHU! SHI WUDU WANTS TO TALK TO YOU! HE HAVE A CONFESSION HE WILL LIKE TO MAKE!" Shi Wudu face palmed.

"Oh? Really? What you like to talk about," She ask as she heads towards Shi Wudu.

"I...I...nearly got decapitated by He Xuan..." Shi Wudu lied. He left sweaty. For what? He friends with her. There's no reason to be scared and sweaty around her. She's nice, smart, beautiful woman. Or maybe...he afraid to confess to her...

Xie Shu looks shock a little, but she giggles. "Shi Wudu, I know that! Just be thankful that you don't have to deal with stitches like me. Here have these loquats! They're fresh!" She hands him a pouch of loquats from her basket, waves goodbye, and heads straight to the palace.

Shi Qingxuan frowns and places his arm on his brother's shoulder. He takes one of the loquats and said, "Wow, jackass."

"S...Shut up! It wasn't the perfect time yet!"

"Surrre." Shi Qingxuan bites on the loquats and drags his brother back to their palace.

...

"My princess of the ghosts, with this gem that I mine for years. I'm here to grant you this diamond," a man held up a diamond in front of Hua Fen. It was the day Hua Cheng let men and boys in the Manor to give gifts to Hua Fen every once in 6 years. It was the day.

Hua Fen sits on her brother's throne, bored. She took the diamond and crush it till was powder sand.

She got close to his face and grabs his cheeks, then said, "You show worthlessness to me. You. Disappoint. Me." She let go of him and said, "Run along, human." That made the man run and cry. That leads to the line of men and boys to get frighten and their legs shaking. They afraid that she might hurt them with her words, or worse.

The next one was a young man that looked rich. He got down on one knee and said, "My princess, these fools just worthless indeed. But, I'm here to suppress them. I think have something...dirt someone...or some person that threatens to take you lover away." This caught her attention.

"Tell me! Tell me now!" She leans to him

He whispers in her ear. "That woman is a princess from a kingdom. She has a fiancé that she suppose to marry with, but instead of that, cheated on him with the thousands of men that were married. Your Yin Yu was next in line to be target on. If her kingdom gets destroyed or doesn't have a heir in line, she'll be executed from what her father told her."

Hua Fen was shock, then she smirked. She lays back on her throne and said, "You will do well. Stick around. I might need you again. Move along." He gets up and leaves.

"Her kingdom gets destroyed or don't have a heir, she'll be executed, huh? Well, that will be easy..." Hua Fen's mind thought. Evil was in her name and ruining a life is her true pleasure and game...