Chapter 79

POV TIME!!!

Xie Shu's POV

I watched my little flower bud, Shi Jiaying, sleeping after I finished reading a part of a spell book for blind eyes and secrets about them. The book was old and dirty, of course. I hid it from everyone. Father gave it to me on my 16th birthday, privately. He didn't tell much about the book...before he died.

My blind eye isn't great at all. It's improving on getting worser and worser. Father said the sclera, the white part of my eye, will take small forms in my blind eye. Bigger forms if I'm in rage, but surprisingly, I'm never mad...sometimes.

But, when I first see Shi Jiaying's eyes they were normal like. Brown, beautiful that I wish I was born to have good seeing in both eyes. She is the perfect alternative version of me. I have to make her happy and be happy with a lovely person to marry. Have her do things that I wished I have done in the past. A life that I've never have the chance to apprehended.

"Jie-Jie?" I turn around to the voice trying to enter the room. Turn out to be Xie Lian's voice. Of course.

I hid the book and smiled big as Xie Lian walks in. "Xie-Xie, what brings you here today?"

"I just came to check on you and my sweet little niece."

I softened my smile and said, "That's very sweet of you, dear brother. How's Hua Fen with her baby boy?"

"Rough. Well, it's well between her and Yin Ling, but rough with Yin Ling and San Lang. Yin Ling have the same temper as his mother! I think he traumatized San Lang a little."

I laughed softly. "Feel bad for Hua Cheng."

I heard Shi Jiaying's small yawn. I pick her up and said to Xie Lian, "Shi Jiaying, here, was being a little tyrant towards Shi Qingxuan today." I look at my daughter who tries reaching out for my hair. "Aren't you just like your father, sweetie?" A little noise from her was her only answer to give me. "I have to put you down to sleep, little one."

"She must have that tyrant temper from her father," Xie Lian said.

"Like father, like daughter. Aren't you a tyrant's daughter," I baby talked Shi Jiaying, nibbling her cheek a tiny bit.

"I'm not a tyrant, love." Shi Wudu walks in. He must have heard me from a far since the nursery door is open anyway.

"Then, what happen to the merchants that came from overseas then? What happen to their ships?" I smirked. Xie Lian snorted.

"The...they don't have any offers for me, o...okay!?"

I smiled as he got closer to me. He have his finger out to Shi Jiaying. She reaches out for his finger and held on to it.

"She had a little fuss with her uncle today when he came to visit," I told Shu Wudu.

"I see. I can't blame her. Shi Qingxuan is a dumb child that I have to grew up with, but he can improve...more. Especially the ones who thought marrying a Ghost King would do the better good."

"Umm...I married a Ghost King! How could you say that in front of your brother-in-law," Xie Lian exclaims. Shi Wudu and I sweat a little and crack a smile. What did Xie Lian sees in Hua Cheng? What did Shi Qingxuan sees in He Xuan?

"This is the reason why you and Shi Qingxuan are bestie, you like men that are dangerous. Just a weird and dangerous taste of men," I teased my brother. I pinched his cheek and stretched it a little playfully.

Xie Lian rubs his cheek and said, "You married a tyrant."

Shi Wudu looked grim. He opens up his fan and fan himself. Maybe to exaggerate that he's blowing off a steam of his anger.

"Now, now, Xie Lian, I married Shi Wudu because he's sweet and always there for me." I caresses Shi Wudu's chin as he smile broadly that slightly turn into a smirk of proudness.

"...I think you misunderstood his personality, sis."

"I think you misunderstood what man you have married, little brother."

"That's Shi Qingxuan's misunderstanding."

"Maybe he's suicidal and wants to be murder by He Xuan. Maybe He Xuan break the living heavens out of him and he likes it in a way, I guess," I thought out loud. I feel a sudden chill near me. I turn to see Shi Wudu looking at me in either disgust or disbelief. Both emotions have the same expression in him.

"Wudu, don't look at me like that. I was overthinking it. Your brother is "perfectly" fine as always," I reassured my husband, patting on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Sure. "Perfectly" fine indeed."

"I mean it, dear."

Xie Lian jumps in the conversation, "I don't see why to worry about Shi Qingxuan's damage mental mind. I mean, He Xuan is still attach to Hua Fen...as a friend, of course! A day later, He Xuan was babysitting Yin Ling when Hua fen was out! I just walk pass Shi Qingxuan when coming here. He looks fine and still worries about his, I mean her...I mean...his looks..."

"One day that female skank form is going down," I heard Shi Wudu muttered. I sighed.

"As much as I would love to believe your words, Di-Di, but it's probably be best for the family to stay out of the two's love issues." Xie Lian nodded in understanding. "Now, how about we all just go and have some tea, alright?" Xie Lian and Shi Wudu smiled and nodded.

I wrap a white cloth around to my shoulder to chest as a baby carrier and place Shi Jiaying, who was calming asleep, inside the cloth gently. Then, Xie Lian, Shi Wudu, and I all walk to the tea room, talking about other things instead of problems.