Chapter 19

"FUCK OFF," Feng Xin shouted as he tried pushing Mu Qing out of the door to be first.

"SHUT UP!"

As the two boys push themselves together in the Puqi Shrine, Xie Lian stays focusing on the final preparations of the meal. He added soy sauce just to add flavor to the rice (Or so he thought). Xie Lian looks around and see how neat the shrine is and how the food smell welcoming, delightful, and appetizing. Thanks to Hua Fen!

However, the soy sauce looks a little pink...

"Wow, Gege. You did excellent job," Hua Cheng complimented as he place a glass of wine in the table.

"Thank you, San Lang! All thanks to your meimei!"

Hua Cheng laughs and said, "She made those recipes from scratch."

"Really!? Well, she's an amazing cook!"

"I know right!?"

"EXCUSE ME!" They turn around to see Feng Xin growling. He was mostly growling at Hua Cheng. Mu Qing crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

Hua Cheng gave out a bored stare and said, "Oh. Gege's servant."

"Oh. Crimson Rain," Mu Qing rolled his eyes. More bored than him.

"Now, now! No need to be annoyed," Xie Lian said, assured.

"Well, what a small shelter this is!" They turn to see Pei Ming walking in and looking around the new and improved shrine.

"Yes! It is," Xie Lian smiled, then he look around and asked, "Where's Jiejie?"

"Oh, she's out somewhere."

"I see."

He Xuan and Hua Fen walk in together. Hua Fen felt weird walking and being the same place as He Xuan. She tried her best to avoid eye contact with him. It was successful at first, but she keep glancing at He Xuan at every minute he looks at her.

"Here's our main guest of honor, my sister," Hua Cheng announced. Hua Fen made a rule where siblings are the main person to be a special person after helping the other. Hua Cheng couldn't forget that rule.

The guests were Feng Xin, Mu Qing, Pei Ming, and He Xuan. The guest of honor is Hua Fen because she was the first to be invited. He Xuan claims that Shi Qingxuan is out with his brother on a adventure, so He Xuan decided to go to the dinner party to what they have offered. Hua Fen spoke and said that Quan Yizhen and Yin Yu are catching up on their friendship. It's was all Quan Yizhen's idea, but Hua Fen insisted and excuse Yin Yu to not be present at the party.

"Yay! We all here! Come and take a seat!"

Of course, Feng Xin and Mu Qing would be the ones who will fight for the chair. Only to get closer to Xie Lian. They still felt unease with the idea of Hua Cheng and Xie Lian being married. Eventually after two minutes, Mu Qing was the winner to go closer to Xie Lian.

Hua Fen sits next to He Xuan because the only available seat was close to him and her brother.

"Why him!? Why is he here!? I can't! Not my ex here," Hua Fen's mind panic, but outside of her mind, her face is gentle and graceful.

She catches a sharp and quick glimpse of He Xuan staring at her and the moment she knew...this party is going to be wreck with dealing with the gods, but the worst part part...her ex. There's might be a chance he didn't remember him kissing her...wrong. He remembers it like it was yesterday. Hua Fen agrees with her mind saying that there's conflict occurring.

"Now that we're all here, let's saying something nice to each other before we eat! I know we all have something nice to say to each other," Xie Lian chirped with sparkles of purity around him.