Chapter 54

"Hua Fen, since yesterday was your birthday, how old are you now," Xie Lian ask as he, Hua Fen, Hua Cheng, and Yin Yu settle in at the Puqi Shrine and began cooking and setting up the table. Hua Fen was helping Xie Lian for the first time, only because she's happy and grateful. While the two were cooking, Hua Cheng and Yin Yu began setting the table.

"I don't know. How about you guess," Hua Fen said with a smirk.

"Umm..." Xie Lian was paused by Hua Cheng when he said, "We're not guessing your age like we were guessing your birthday."

"Ugh...fine," she said. "I'm 720." Long moments of silence. Everyone looks at Hua Fen.

Xie Lian nearly dropped the knife from the surprise of her age. "Really!?"

"Yes," she said. "I'm saying it with a straight face, can't you tell?"

"You told me that you're 1000 years old!"

"If I was, then Hua Cheng will be bury and his ashes will finally dissolved and overall, he'll will be my little brother."

"What was that, meimei?" Hua Cheng stares at her.

"Nothing, Gege."

Hua Cheng continues staring at his sister before he went back on helping Yin Yu setting up the table.

Everyone quietly went back in work, but Xie Lian breaks the silence, "How does it feel to be 720 years old then?"

"Umm...lame actually."

"What? How? You have what you wanted! A good relationship, a birthday you ever wanted, being Ghost Queen, and-"

"I thought the Ghost Queen thing will be like a ceremony, a bit more surprise and more of my tears. It's lame and all. The entire birthday was too...extreme. If you take out Pei Ming and the Fengqing bitches out of my face, then it will be less extreme."

"I know that Feng Xin, Mu Qing, and Pei Ming went a bit much with the alcohol and the fighting, but have you see that large statue that your brother sculpted of you!?"

"It's cute, I guess. I could done a LOT better. 6/10."

Hua Cheng stops and exclaimed, "6/10!? I make sure all of your features are perfect and accurate! Why are you treating me like this!?"

"It is what it is, dear brother."

"No. It isn't. I don't need to worry about you, because we'll see who's the master at sculpting!"

"Alright! Bet!" Their foreheads touched like they were bulls, butting their head together. They turn their heads at Xie Lian when he steps in and suggested, "How about we continue getting things ready for dinner so we can rest and head back to the Manor the next morning, okay?"

The two siblings looks at each other and said, "Fine." Then, they went back to their work.

Two minutes later, dinner was almost ready. Hua Fen stares with stern face at Xie Lian as he pours a little of the soy sauce on the some meat.  She began to threaten him, "That better be the REAL soy sauce."

"It is! Trust me! Besides, He Xuan is not even here!" Xie Lian chirped.

"Sure. Surrreee~Keep telling yourself that."

"But, I am serious. The other time that I pour soy sauce was a ONE mistake!"

"And that ONE mistake turns out to be a living disaster."

Xie Lian begins to remember what she was talking about. The love potion misplaced soy sauce incident, the potion still affected Hua Fen which leads her to surrender herself to He Xuan and the disappearance of Hua Fen began. She woke up from the potion effect and have to force herself to marry He Xuan in a "surprised, unexpected, and unwanted" wedding that he had planned (Chapter 19-26). Everything was a disaster years back. But, finally, it ended. Maybe for now. "Oooohhh! Now, I remember what happen!"

Hua Fen turns to Hua Cheng and point to Xie Lian. "And this is who you married with!? A dumb cun-"

"Okay! We get it! I'm sorry for being slow on remembering! Let's just eat!"

Don't worry, the cooking is edible because Hua Fenwas also cooking and teaching Xie Lian. Thankfully, no died from eating his food all because of Hua Fen.

...

After dinner, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng layout another bed-mat for Hua Fen and Yin Yu besides their bed-mat while the other couple washes the dishes.

"Yin-Yin, you haven't said much lately. Are you sick? Having a headache?" Hua Fen presses her back hand against Yin Yu's forehead.

"No, darling. I'm fine. Thanks for worrying though. I have something on my mind lately."

"Like what?"

"You."

Hua Fen began to look grim and said, "You're just saying that."

"No. I'm not. You know how much I love you and you always fun to hang around with."

Hua Fen stares at him and laughs. "I'm not!"

"You are."

"How will you know?"

"Well, who ever told you that your personality is funny, instead of complimenting on your body?"

Hua Fen blushes. "N...no one. Only you."

Yin Yu smiles and said, "Exactly."

When they finish washing dishes, they continue talking till Xie Lian called out, "Hua Fen! Yin Yu! Your bed is ready."

"Let's go," Hua Fen said as she takes Yin Yu's hand.

...

In the middle of the night, Hua Fen couldn't sleep. She stares at the straw ceiling and look to see if Yin Yu was awake. Unfortunately, he isn't. But, she can make him wake up.

"Yin-Yin, wake up," She whispers.

"Not now..."

"I'm pregnant..." that wakes Yin Yu up.

"What!? Real-" Hua Fen cuffed his mouth.

"Shhh...No. I'm not pregnant. I just wanted you awake because I can't sleep. That's all."

Yin Yu stares at her in disbelief. He sighs and said, "What do you want to do?"

"I want you."

"To do w...what..."

"You know what I mean about "want you". It's obvious, you oblivious panda."

"We can't."

"We haven't have sex for a while. Since...about a month...what is there to wait?"

"Your brother-"

"Who cares? They have sex all the time when I'm come over here and sleep in for a night."

"What?"

"Yes. They did that!"

"Well, I suppose...we can do it. Once a month."

Hua Fen was shock. She wanted Yin Yu all the time more than she wants He Xuan. She wants to protest, but she did her puppy eyes that always works with men.

"I want you all the time. I can't live all enterally without your warmth." Yin Yu didn't buy for it.

"I'm not dumb. I'm always with you when you lured men to their graves by doing puppy eyes. I know your techniques."

Hua Fen, once again, shocked. She did a pouty face, crossed her arms and looks away from Yin Yu.

"Twice a month?"

Hua Fen shrugged and said, "Okay."

The two almost about to take off their clothes when Hua Cheng said, "You better not get pregnant!"

The two sits there awkwardly. Hua Fen bites her finger and attacked Hua Cheng the rest of the night.

Hua Cheng is still alive, don't worry!