Chapter 27

Hua Fen (been so long to have a POV)

As I woke up for bed, at my window was a little blue birdie tweeting happily at me, greeting me, tormenting me. I put my pointer finger and my thumb in my mouth and whistle. Then, in a blink of eye or a spilt second, Bao flies to the bird and grab it with his sharp claws digging in the bird, then he takes of with the bird. I got out of the bed and look at the window as Bao dispose the fucking singing happy bird out of my sight. Executing it. Eating it.

"Aw. How cute. Enjoy your meal, Baobei."

"That's mess up," Yin Yu said behind me with arms around me.

"That bitchlet was killing my evil vibe with it's happy shit in here! It needs to be dead or else..."

"Or else what?"

"I'll be stupid Xie Lian..." I cover my mouth in shock and fear. Call me dramatic or whatever, but I'm not singing with a damn bird. I call them spies of Heaven because one time there was this bird I seen on my unplanned vacation and it was singing to me. I thought it was sweet, but it peck me on the head and pulling a strand of my hair and give it to Xie Lian who sings to it. This time, the bird didn't attack it. I curse at it and whistle for Bao and said, "LUNCH!" Bao flies immediately and sweep the bird out of Xie Lian's finger, nearly cut it. I follow Bao and see him ripping the bird into shreds in front of the now terrified Xie Lian. I smile in a crudely way as I maintain watching death take the bird away. I could see it's soul shattered...

I'm not saying that birds are evil. Some are, but they are the bitches in my eyes. The meal in Bao's eyes. It's a good thing they're here due to my laziness of feeding Bao. Just one whistle and the bird is gone.

"The bird did nothing bad to you. They're allies to good nature. Now, come on before your tea is cold," Yin Yu said as he pours me a cup of tea.

"But, Yin-Yin," I whined. "The thing-"

"That THING is saying good morning to you. It's a thing."

"A thing? You people like them singing like random people was singing from a church choir in your room!?"

"They are telling you that everything's going to be fine and a good day."

I think about Yin Yu's words as he kisses my neck for a minute. Birds are not something I like, but alright then.

I sat on my chair and take the cup of tea from Yin Yu. Yin Yu then gather up my dirty clothes and take them away for washing. I took a sip of my tea and look at my reflection on the mirror. I put my tea down and lean closer to the mirror. I touched the hickey on my neck that Yin Yu marked.

"Great work, Yin-Yin," I blankly said, then laugh.

A knock on my door sounded. I shout, "Come in!" Then, the door opens and there standing was my brother.

"What you want, Hua Cheng?" Oh, did I tell you that I went back on calling my brother by his name instead of Gege? Well, I did. When I said things are normal, it's pretty much normal.

"Morning- WHAT IS THAT ON YOUR NECK!?" He point at the hickey.

"A hickey? Come on now! You give Xie Lian a hickey many times!"

"Yeah...but I never see you with hickies before. Didn't you give He Xuan hickies instead of letting he doing it? He complain that he wants to give you hickies as a punishment for killing his bone fish again, but then you beat him up with branch and give him hickies instead."

"He told you that? I mean it's true."

"Why?"

"He's just a nothing, but a child. That's all."

"He still got that bruise."

"That was 200 years ago."

"It was actually three years ago."

I frowned and said, "It's actually you get slap upside the head if don't drop this subject."

"Okay! Okay! My apologies!"

"Good."

"What happen to Bao?"

"Oh? He's eating."

"Don't Yin Yu feeds him?"

"I did today. He's eating a bird."

Hua Cheng looks horrified and said, "Why are you saying it likes it's a normal thing!?"

"Because it is! Last time I give him an whole deer to eat. I uses the guts to make soup."

"So...the soup you made for dinner was made out of-"

"Yep! You're welcome."

Hua Cheng feels like he wanted to vomit. He'll thank me later. Without me, he'll starve and crash and burn because his Gege is not there for to feed him. How depressing it will be.

I turn back to my mirror as Hua Cheng walks out of my room. I grab my hairbrush and brush my hair. Unlike Xie Lian, who has crazy hair when he wakes up, I wake up with neat hair. I won't release my secret, but it's a trick I did.

A knock on my door sounded again. This time it was soft.

"Come in."

The door open, revealing a small child. "Mom."

"Chen-Chen! You're came back after 10 years."

Chen Mian or Chen-Chen was one of my children from the village from the Mortal Realm. I last seen her since she took off to see her grandmother 10 years ago and she never came back.

"Mother, Qi Rong is acting up again."

"Qi Rong? Again? Why's he's in the mortal realm this time," I put my brush down and turn to Chen Mian.

"He said that you call him ugly pervert."

"Well, look at him. He stares at me breasts for many times every time we cross paths. He looks like a green mucus, but dry and..ugh! Sickening!" I turn to back to the mirror. I can hear Chen Mian giggling.

"There's more."

"What is it, dear?"

"Hua Cheng, Qi Rong, and He Xuan are wanting you for a calamity meeting. I think you're going to be Ghost Queen!"

I drop my brush.

"After so many centuries..." I smiled.