Chapter 12

"Jiejie, wait-" Xie Lian chases after his sister as she stormed to the Xianle palace with fury rushing in.

"Don't tell me you two fuck in this damn palace!"

"No! It's not like-"

"Xie Lian, I loved you. Remember what I ask what is love?"

"Protect and provide."

"And what did I do," Xie Shu lift an eyebrow up as she waits for her question to be answered.

"Protect and provide," Xie Lian repeated.

"I'm fine with you dating men. Whatever makes you happy! Alright? I love you too much. You come first before my happiness," She said with sincere. "But, with a ghost king? I didn't know he has a sister to begin with! She's twice as worst I could imagine!"

"She's trying to be friendlier. Don't you always said, "Don't change what people are, just wait for the right moment till they'll spread their wings to change"?"

"You remember that, but you don't remember saving the common people," Xie Shu surprised.

Xie Lian chuckled in awkward tone and said, "That quote seems be suitable for Hua Fen. Also, didn't...forget save the...common people."

"Well, she can spread her wings if she likes. Till the end, her feathers will burn down a town. A city, even. She'll spit fire to make it burn faster. Don't you see the trouble she caused? She murdered parents, grandparents, and guardians. This is something that needs be to taken care of. Either way, you might be next if you have a child-"

"Don't think that. You're overthinking it. I know about Hua Fen and San Lang and all I know is they have a kind heart and are misunderstood."

"...well then, what makes them kindhearted?"

"For starters, Hua Fen loves taking care of children even if her decisions making are wrong, but she wants to protect them from abuse. San Lang does outside housework while I do insides and he even save my life plenty of times. He even fix up my hat, see?"

"He ruin my hat that I made for you after your second ascension!?"

"...I..."

"And you LOVE it more than the original!? I made that hat of straws from a farmers wagon that was full of hay bales! I even pricked my fingers for you!"

Xie Lian don't whether to run or stay. He chooses to stay. If he chooses to run, there's a chance that he might get chased by his own sister who truly cares for him.

"I love that you made that hat for me! I really do! He just dazzle it..." he completely realizes that Hua Cheng throw the old hat away after Hua Cheng told him about it.

"...dazzle it?"

"Mmm-hmm? Look!" Xie Lian began twirling as the white veil that's attached to the hat circles around him. It was obvious that he loves everything his husband do for him. Xie Shu couldn't help, but to laugh and realize that her anger will change to happy. One of her quotes (I made do all of her famous quotes in the future).

"I mean it looks cute. Wait, is that a twig in you hair? How long it been in your hair as a hairpin?"

Embarrassed, Xie Lian backs away slowly. The embarrassment of lack of jewels affected him. The gods have their way of hairpins, amour, and fancy robes, in fact, any accessories they owned to be elegant and godly. All expect Xie Lian.

"Well, I have it ever since. You was too busy and I don't want to find you and bother you...and the gods and goddesses were talking about my lack of elegancy clothing, so I tried to live the best of it. Nothing much."

"Oh! That reminds me! Come," Xie Shu gestures her brother to Xie Shu that was surprisingly, to Xie Lian, is where Hua Fen settles down in. "Since I wasn't able to give you something special or going to your birthday, I have something to make it up to you."

"Really?"

Xie Shu nodded as she went to the wardrobe and pull of a small rectangular box out. She hands the box to Xie Lian. It was like getting a puppy for Christmas, but different.

Xie Lian looks at his sister and without asking her consent, she nodded for him to open.

He opens the box and see the most lovely hairpin that's gold. In the center, a big rhinestone trapped around the gold.

"Jiejie-"

"Go on! Wear it!"

"Okay, okay!"

Xie Lian goes to the dresser and replace the twig with his new hairpin. He felt different. He feels happier than before.

Xie Shu clasp her hands together and ask, "Do you like it?"

"Yes! Thank you, Jiejie!"

They began hugging and the sweet moment was interrupted when Feng Xin and Mu Qing squabbling from downstairs.

"YOU LITTLE-"

"Language," Xie Shu shouted as she know what Feng Xin will say next.

"Oh, that's funny! After you cursed too," Xie Lian joked.

"...get the fuck out of my words."

"That's something Hua Fen would said. You two should be friends!"

Xie Shu looks at him in disgust and said, "Absolutely not."

"Didn't you always say-"

"Okay, Xie-Xie," Xie Shu paused him as they walk to find Feng Xin and Mu Qing.

When they find them, they witness them kissing aggressively and pulling each other's hair.

Together, Xie Lian and Xie Shu both shock and said, "What the fu-"