Chapter 31

After two second, the man was down on the ground next to me. I hear huffing from another man. I look up to see...

Yin Yu...

I burst into tears and whispered, "Yin-Yin?"

He dropped his shovel and got on one knee, then began hugging me.

"Mei Yu, you alright!? What did he do to you!? Did he drag you here!? What happened!?" He looks at every part of me to see if I have any injuries.

"I...I'm fine. I was just relaxing, then he start creeping up on me..."

"You could at least tell me where you are! Thankfully, I was near the woods and then I heard you shouting!"

My lips quivered and I mumbled, "I...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to be here alone! I was just resting, then the man show up and...I tried to get away but my legs were too tired, so I scoot away, but he keep getting closer! I know I could just punch him or get up and run, but I'm afraid that he might grab me and-"

"Shh...it's okay. I know you didn't mean to. I was worry. I can't lose you again," he pauses me and pulls me into for another hug.

"It wasn't my intention to do that..."

"I know."

I looks at him and ask, "What can I do to make it up for almost giving you a heart attack?"

He looks at me and smiled. He tied a red string around my finger and tied the other end to his finger.

"What..." I look at him in confusion and shock.

"I guess we'll be bound together till you finally learn your lesson on not trying to give me a heart attack." He seems happy about that, I am too.

"Fine."

...

As me and Yin Yu went back to the Manor, Hua Cheng bounced of his seat and squealed.

"This better be you finally going to extinct and you're finally happy about it," I stare at him grimly.

"What? No! Your hands! The red thread!"

"Yeah? What about it?"

Xie Lian steps the conversation like he was needed, "It means it's a thread of fate! A thread of marriage!"

"MARRIAGE!?"

Xie Lian began to look startled as if he said a bad word that scares me.

I hit Yin Yu on the shoulder and ask, "What the fuck!? You wanted marriage!? Right after I specifically told you I'm not ready to get marry!?"

"Wha- No!"

"I can't believe I dated a trickster!"

"Wait! Let me explain!"

"Well, go on!"

"I found the thread in the ground in the Manor, so I thought that Hua Chengzhu might've drop it! Then, you said it's time to go the the mortal realm, so I put in my pocket! After I save you from that man, I thought it will bound you to me so that way you won't run into trouble! I love you and I love you so much that I understand your decisions and the path you take! I will never marry you without your agreement!"

I was confused. I see Hua Cheng and Xie Lian wear them, but I never knew why, until now. It's true that they're married, but I've never thought about it before nor did Hua Cheng tell me about it and the importance of it. This was a shocking discovery I learn.

I glance at Yin Yu as he caught my eyes. With this threes mean marriage, then are we truly right for each other? I mean after everything we faced like separation, crazed idiots mostly He Xuan and Shi Qingxuan to be exact, a crazy date that was planned by Hua Cheng and Xie Lian, just everything we been through. Even talk about having a child together when we were stargazing (Hint: Chapter 29)! I did said that I will never date anyone after what happen in my past relationship, but this is different than that.

I took deep breaths and said to my brother and brother-in-law, "It's just a thread, nothing special about it, alright?"

"But, it's true love," Xie Lian bounce like an excited bunny.

"But, it's fuck off," I hissed.

I yanked the string hard causing Yin Yu to get closer to me. He didn't feel pain from it; that's a good thing. Then, we went to my room.

I bit my bottom lip and got more curious after every step, but my tracks has come to an end as we got near to my room. Yin Yu pulls me for a hug and plays with my hair.

"There's no need to get upset."

"I'm not."

"You wasn't just now. But...do you believe anything on what they say?"

"No. The truth is...I don't actually know what true love is..."

Yin Yu smiles and said, "It's similar to our friendship. Powerful and strong. You there for me and I'm there for you. Do He Xuan does that?"

I look up and reply, "No..."

"Well, as long as we promise each other, we are true. As long as we there and protect each other, we are loving." Those words touched my invisible cold heart.

"Why you want to be with some monster like me? I'm terrible! I have kids kill their parents and-"

"Woah now. Easy there," He presses his forehead against mine and said, "I want to be with you because of how much you understood my problems when I told you about my life as a god. You always do that with me. I feel more comfortable around you, even if you are evil. I believe that someone like you can have an amazing heart. A heart of stone and a heart of gold. Depending on if it's a kid, me, or everyone else. You not show it, but you care for people-"

"Even if they pisses me off," I added, crossing my arms.

Yin Yu smiles mores and said, "Yes; even if they pisses you off. Like you save Shi Qingxuan and Shi Wudu from He Xuan. You saved Xie Lian, Mu Qing, and Feng Xin from the Heaven Realm when you four crosses the bridge, dodging the lava monsters! You even fight Jun Wu by yourself! He's an emperor of the Heaven Realm and the strongest martial god you could ever imagine, but you defeated him yourself! Do you know how hard that to fight him without getting vanished or get cursed shackles!?"

"I manage," I said proudly. "A man can be easily brought down by a woman. They just didn't see it coming."

"I'm surprised you didn't even have a scratch!"

"Well, I never run away from battle to regenerate. The only why to fight with a wound is dodging attacks. It's a hard thing to do actually. But, with me, I predicted what moves the opponents make which makes it easier. I never shed a tear because of how much the wound hurts. I only shed tears when things were too...toxic in relationships."

"I see. But, you made it through and look how that turns out."

I wrap my arms around his neck and said, "I have a wonderful boyfriend who is dear to me. That's all I wanted. You."

"And I have a wonderful girlfriend who is dear to me. And that's all I wanted. You."

"Love you, Yin-Yin."

"Love you too, Mei Yu."