Chapter 25

"Ready?"

"Ready."

"Now?"

"Actually...no," Hua Fen, beautifully dressed in her red wedding dress, remains in the washroom as Hua Cheng waited patiently for her to come out and reveal her dress. The wedding is going to start soon and she's not ready to reacquainted with the others. She can imagine what their reaction are. Disgusted, horrified, disappointed, sad. She can thinks worst than that.

"Remember the time I have cold feet like just standing there when the wedding was about to start on my wedding day," Hua Cheng asked.

"Haha! Yes, I have to drag you all the way to Xie Lian, but you keep struggling and fighting back like a child! I even threaten to kill you if you ever vomited on me because you said that you feel like you was about to throw up."

"Then, you said~"

"I said how can marry someone you have seen before, that's ridiculous! Then you made this stupid excuse of feeding He Xuan's dumbass bone fishes. I was so angry and annoyed that I nearly beat the shit out of you. After the wedding, I beat the living shit out of you, burn all of your butterflies, cut Xie Lian's hair a little, and beat you again."

"Yes. Don't make me do the same to you if you stay more than a minute," He scolded.

"I know. Did Yin Yu really didn't come?"

"He's busy. You know how being a Waning Moon Officer is."

Hua Fen sighs and said, "I wish he comes, but I'm deeply scared that he might get hurt if he came here. I'll have to deal with the wrath of He Xuan."

"I know. He still loves you if that makes you feel better."

"After what I did to him in the last two years?"

"I mean...you wasn't technically cheating on him. You was under a spell and got taken advantage of."

"I was. Till I wake up from it and let He Xuan continue on."

"I know. I wish was strong enough to fight the spell or see this coming, I'll stop him."

"How did he see it coming?"

"He Xuan? Oh, he said that he recognized the color of the potion, so he avoid eating the door that has the potion on it."

"What was the potion for?"

"To brainwash you."

"Of course," Hua Fen said, not surprised.

After a moment a silence, Hua Cheng leans closer to the door and ask the question from before, "Ready?"

"Ready."

"Now?"

"Nope."

...

"SHIXIONG!"

"Yizhen?"

"Stop working this instant! Your woman is getting married! Stop her!"

Yin Yu turns and said, "That's my plan. Maybe. She don't want me there. If I go there, what if she get angry. Maybe I can just accept tha-"

"Stupid! You letting a ghost king take your lover!? The love of your life!?"

"He's a bit strong than me."

"So? She chosen you. You should the groom out there!"

"Thanks...let's go ruin a wedding."

...

As guests gathered at Black Water Lake, Ling Wen, Yushi Huang, and Xie Shu all standing nearly the lake, talking.