Chapter 55

"Ming-Xiong! Look!" Shi Qingxuan pops up behind He Xuan with a small wooden box on He Xuan's lap.

He Xuan looks at the box. "Babe, What is this junk in front of me?"

"I don't know. I found it under our bed." Shi Qingxuan lifts up a huge portrait of a woman. "Aww! Is that Hua Fen!? She's so pre-"

"Give it here!" He Xuan snatches the painting.

"Hey! I'm not through observing yet!"

The two began to have a tug-of-war with the painting. The painting is sturdy enough from this strength. The story behind this painting make this story a lot evilness that He Xuan had done to Hua Fen. Remember when Hua Cheng said that Hua Fen have longed wish for a baby (Chapter 9). Well, her wish WAS fulfilled. She was pregnant for about 5 months till the baby have...deceased...

"Stop moving, Hua Fen," He Xuan commanded to her as Hua Cheng tries to paint. "We don't have all day if you don't stay still. Also, don't smile so hard, wrinkles will form."

"I can't! I'm just so excited!"

"We all do. I can't wait to see my little nephew," Hua Cheng said with a smile.

"Or niece," Hua Fen, sternly, said.

"Yes! A niece, of course!" The two laughs. He Xuan leaves the room and makes Hua Fen a drink. He adds some drug, that Qi Rong gave him, in the drink.

After hours of the painting, it was finish. Hua Fen got all excited that she urges He Xuan to hang it up. He Xuan handed out drinks to Hua Fen and Hua Cheng. and takes the portrait away to hang it.

"Don't you finding how weird He Xuan agrees to have a child? He's up to something," Hua Cheng said.

"He's just finally warming up to me! He said that after the baby's born, we will get married soon!"

Hua Cheng spits out his drink. "WHAT!?"

"Yes! Really!" Hua Fen hands Hua Cheng a small towel. Hua Cheng obliges, grabs the towel, and wipes off the drink.

"You really believe in true love, don't you?"

"You do too! What was the man's name you always talking about? Goody Two Shoes?"

"It's Xie Lian."

"Whatever." She and her brother laugh together. Hua Fen never smile so bright before or even talk to anyone in a happy mood. She takes another sip of tea and starts coughing. The drug was working.

"Hua Fen? HUA FEN!?" Hua Cheng catch's Hua Fen before she falls. Her eyelids felt heavy.  She reach down to her dress and touched something that's leaky from her genital. She lifts up her hand and saw blood...

"Oh my god...Hua Fen...the baby..."

"...get He...Xuan..."

Hua Cheng nodded and lays his sister down on her bed, then he leaves.

When He Xuan comes in, a medic came along. The baby have to be out forcefully.

...

"Are you okay, meimei," Hua Cheng enters the room as Hua Fen lays emotionless in the bed. She nodded in response.

"What happened? What happened to the baby?"

"I...I...don't know. Everything was all just... so blurry. I remember a bloody figure in the medic's arms. Then, I fainted. When I woke up, my body was numb. I think it was the drink that He Xuan gave me... or-"

"He must have done it. He spiked your drink and it cause your child to die! Am I right, flower?"

She nodded again. "Maybe. But, He Xuan would never-"

"He Xuan is a dangerous man to fell in love with. He'll do anything to have his way...he'll murder anyone. Even his own child..."

Hua Fen remains quiet as new tears formed and fall. She still manages a straight face. "I know."

"*ahem*, am I interrupting something or you're finally done?" Hua Cheng and Hua Fen looks to see He Xuan leaning against the door with his arms crossed. He looks impatient. "Well, it was nice to have you visiting and painting this portrait, Hua Cheng. But, think it's time for you to leave. I'll let you know if something happens to your sister."

Hua Cheng turns to Hua Fen. She nodded for him to leave as she tried covering up her body in the bedsheets. Hua Cheng sighs, kisses Hua Fen's forehead, and leaves.

When He Xuan and Hua Fen were alone, things become awkward and dead silent between them.

"How could you..." Hua Fen muffled.

"What was that?"

"I said how could you!? You know my hopes and dream! They're ruined because of YOU! Why!? WHY!?" Hua Fen continues crying.

"I'm sorry, darling. Children... can died in short period of time. In their birth. Their childhood. Before they become teens. The baby have to die-" Hua Fen run out of the bed and slaps He Xuan. He Xuan didn't flinch or move. He didn't even react. He just simply back way from her.

"You and your FUCKING lies! YOU CAN SHOVE THEM UP IN YOUR ASS! I'LL KILL YOU!" Hua Fen shouted.

He Xuan smirked and goes closer to her.

"Wha- stop! NO-" Hua Fen gasps when He Xuan caresses her now wet cheeks and planted hickies on her neck.

"You're tired, sweetie. How about you go back to bed? You'll learn soon that children are not worthy of your love. Only I can have your love...Remember that..."

When He Xuan successfully got hold of the painting, he runs out of the entryway and into a basement. He looks at the painting and caress where Hua Fen's pregnant stomach was. Hua Fen looks so innocent and so happy. Could he be the problem that she's acting to like toxic?

"No one needs to know." No body knows, only Hua Cheng. Hua Fen's have forgotten about this tragic incident. She have moved on safely with the kids she saved and have a big heart for them. He Xuan just never saw it coming.

He Xuan knew right then and there that he will be not forgiven for the damage he had created. He knows his wrongs. He couldn't even forgive himself for that.

When he was tired of looking at the painting, he covers it up with a black long cloth and sets the painting against the wall, then he walks out the basement.

I'm sorry that I have to make a tragic chapter, but...it'll get better later on. Hopefully.