Chapter 17

"...and you look into his eyes and he look into yours. Then, oh it was wonderful," Xie Lian summarized every moment from the date. Hua Fen, grim faced, turns to Xie Lian and flips out a middle finger at him.

Xie Lian was surprised and said, "For what for? You two looked happy! San Lang said that you never been so happy than before!"

"It's cute and all, I admit. But, we actually confessed our feelings last last night."

This surprise Xie Lian further, "Really? You did? Why haven't you told us?"

"You two look like some proud parents and everything was a blur when I look into Yin Yu's eyes. And we didn't expect you and Hua Cheng to push us on dating. But, may I ask why you guys did that?"

"San Lang sees you and Yin Yu together all the time. Your relationship was close, but not showing signs of true love. But, it was true love. You kissed him, he kissed you. You danced, he danced. You laugh, he laugh. That's so romantic! Your relationship is a lot like me and Hua Cheng!"

Hua Fen sees what Xie Lian is getting at. It is true that they were close and the recap of the date was romantic, but Hua Fen wants to pretend that she didn't remember that. But, every flashback gives her butterflies in her stomach and cause her to blush. The proximity of the two changed their friendship.

"True. I enjoy that sweet moment. When moments feels like hours with Yin Yu, I couldn't live without him. We never think about what comes next after dating. In fact, we don't know if we agreeing to accept our fairytale fates! He's different than He Xuan. He's different than the gods. He's different than anyone," Hua Fen stare upon the Ghost City and imagine what will their life will be.

"He's special, huh?"

"Xie Lian, love is love. When you show feelings to that someone, you're stuck with them. It's not always a good thing."

"Relationships can be tough. After what you gone through with He Xuan, you don't know if your new relationship will either be the same abusive or different."

"That's the problem. What if Yin Yu has a darker side of him. What if he's not the same Yin-Yin I love!? What if-"

"What if you're overreacting about this? Yin Yu is a sweet guy. What did he down to hurt you?"

After thinking about it, there's nothing he done wrong to Hua Fen. He was sincere to her.

"Well, there's...nothing he done to me actually. He loves me dearly. I don't want to mess everything up."

"Mess up? Ridiculous! If you mess up, I'm sure you can embed your mistakes! You're an amazing, powerful, young woman who deserves better than a toxic relationship in your life. What's the worst that can happen?"

Hua Fen stares at Xie Lian and turns away. She chuckled for a bit. Even if she is bitter and to be known as heartless to others, she can tell deep in Yin Yu's heart that he still loves her. But, Hua Fen knows that she have a habit on hurting people's feelings. Surprisingly, not to Yin Yu's specifically.

"Thanks for the prep talk, Xie Lian. I really needed it. Hua Cheng never said those words to me when he finds out that I was dating He Xuan."

"I'm surprised that you never use the name," Xie Lian smiles.

"Oh yeah, Goody Two Shoes," Hua Fen snickered follow by her famous crooked smile.

"And there it is..."

Hua Fen turns around and head back inside of the Manor. She sees Yin Yu feeding Bao with some small insects. When he sees her, he waved. Hua Fen waved back in response. She never felt true love and someone having her back. She experienced being damage and can't be repair by the heart than the outside of her. Something told her that she's not ready. She was inexperienced. She thought after reading dumb fairytales, she will feel what is happily ever after in person. After what happen is the past, it was a lie. What will it be with Yin Yu?

As she got close to Yin Yu, she places her head on his shoulder and said, "Bao likes the grasshoppers the most."

"Oh? Is that so?"

Hua Fen nodded and continued, "It helps him catch hopping preys."

Yin Yu turn his head to Hua Fen and responded, "I'll keep that in mind."

Xie Lian walks by and said, "Aww! You two are just too cute together."

"Shut up and get out of my room," Hua Fen shouts. Xie Lian shrugged and walks out of the room with a smug face.

"Weirdo."

"Mei Yu, be nice."

"Only to you."

Yin Yu smiled and repeated, "Only to me?"

"You're my beloved, so yes."

"What about Hua Cheng and Xie Lian?"

"...meh."

Yin Yu laughs and went back feeding Bao, but only this time with grasshoppers. Hua Fen stands there, head on his shoulder and her hands around his waist. Her forehead touched his ponytail as she tilts her head closer till she reaches his neck.

"Your blood smells pleasant," Hua Fen whispers in Yin Yu's ear, sending chills down to his spine.

"You have drink your blood sweet tea?"

"I forgot to hunt this evening."

"I'm the lucky victim?"

"Yes."

"Again?"

"I haven't drink your blood since 10 years ago! I'm surprised gods even have blood!"

Yin Yu gave in and tilt his head till his neck exposed from his scarf. Hua Fen's teeth sharpens. She licked her fangs and planted a kiss on Yin Yu's neck.

"Good boy."

All hail Xie Lian the love expert. And surprisingly this might be the only chapter that haven't had a curse word...🤭