"Blood." Alisha says, familiar with the smell. "Where did all the demons go?"

"I'm not sure. They just don't normally fly off into the sunset." Magnus comments as they walk over to the rift which is a circle dug deep into the sand. A golden light appears from the bottom.

"Well, let's not stick around until they make an appearance." Alec says.

"The amount of energy required to seal a rift from Edom is substantial. It's not just a flick of the wrist." Magnus comments his voice full of sass.

"Channel me." Alisha says whilst following the warlock. Before he can stop her, she speaks again. "Don't think about stopping me, I'll be fine." Magnus nods, believing the girl.

"You two gonna be okay?" Alec asks the pair.

"I'm the High Warlock of Brooklyn." Magnus states.

"And I'm a hybrid." Alisha says with a small wink. Magnus grabs Alisha's hand gently before using his magic in the hole. A demon flies up out of it, hitting Izzy on the way out making Alisha look at her worriedly.

"Izzy!" Alec shouts concerned.

"Go! I'm all right." Isabelle comments and her brother nods.

"Cover me!" Magnus says to Alec and he begins working on the hole again as Alec starts running towards the demon. He grabs an arrow, shoots, and misses. The demon charges for him and starts flying towards him. Alisha feels her energy leave her as Magnus channels her.

"Alisha! Magnus!" Alec warns the pair making Alisha's head perk up. Magnus is close to closing the hole. "Magnus!" The demon shoots fire at Alec as he gets closer to Alisha and Magnus. "Magnus!"

"Mags." Alisha trails off, becoming weak. The warlock turns around, and shoots a fireball at the demon, that dissolves into multiple small ones. Magnus gets back to closing the hole, while Alec shoots arrows at the little demons. Izzy takes the last one with her whip. Alec turns around afterwards to see Alisha struggling to stay sitting up. Alisha falls to the ground once Magnus closes the rift. He turns to see nod niece lying tiredly on the sand. Alisha

"Alisha!" Alec shouts, worried for the girl. He kneels beside her, helping her sit up by placing his arm around her waist.

"I'm good." She says with a smile. "You can't get rid of me that easily." She says making Izzy and Magnus smile at the pair.

Back in the institute, Alec is watching the map of the city when Alisha approaches him with a straight face. She places her hand on his shoulder making him turn to her.

"Are you okay?" She asks him and he nods.

"Are you?" He questions and the girl nods with a small smile.

"I'm sorry." Alisha says making him stand up straight. "I shouldn't have given up on us, I was just scared and wasn't thinking straight. I know your sorry and I know that you didn't tell me about the soul swears for a good reason." Alec smiles at the girl.

"It's fine. I'm sorry too." He tells her and she shakes her head with a smile. Putting his hand in his pocket, he takes out Alisha's silver promise ring making her smile.

"You kept that with you all the time?" She asks.

"I had hope." He smiles and gestures her hand. Smiling, she passes him her left hand and he places the ring back on her ring finger where it belongs. "I promise this time. And is wear I will never lie to you again."

"I trust you." She smiles and pecks him on the lips.

"Any word from Jace and Clary?" Magnus says, completely ruining the moment. He stares at the two with a knowing smile.

"Um. No. They should be arriving at Lake Lyn by now." Alec says, looking back at the map. Izzy approaches them.

"Strange. The aerial Sensors show no demonic activity." She says.

"Yeah, there's nothing on the ground, either. It's like the adomei completely disappeared." Alec informs.

"I've never heard of that. Once they pass through the rift, the demons are here to stay until they're properly banished." Magnus comments.

"Then where the hell are they?" Alec snaps making them all look at each other.

Jace? Can you hear me? Alisha thinks as she attempts to reach him. The girl grips Alec's arm tightly, never using her telepathic skills this far away before. Alec looks at the girl worriedly as he sees her golden eyes.

I'm here. Jace responds. We're good, we've just arrived at Lake Lyn now and there's -

The connection cuts off.