"You can feel...?" Alisha trails off and Izzy bursts out laughing. The hybrid sighs and rolls her eyes as the girl in front of her continues to laugh until she was crying.

"No!" She shouts between laughs. "I felt your emotions change." As her laughter dies down, she turns to her parabatai seriously. The two sit opposite each other. "But I feel like I must say that if you hurt my brother, I will make your life a living hell."

"I feel like your supposed to say that earlier in Alec and I's relationship." Alisha smiles. "But I never plan on hurting Alec, I love him."

[THE INSTITUTE, OPS CENTER]

In the institutes Ops centre, Alisha stands beside her parabatai as they listen to the new institutes head standing on a platform, facing the Shadowhunters.

"We have lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters. So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York. These meetings will promote..." Alec announces to the shadowhunters of New York. Alisha stops listening to Alec and turns to two shadowhunters, Lindsay and Duncan, as they whisper to each other.

"I'm all for unity, but does he have to bring them here?" Lindsay questions.

"What do you expect? He's dating a half breed." Duncan states and Alisha scoffs. Izzy grips her hand, obviously hearing the two as well, and nods at her.

"Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge." Lindsay comments.

"Just wait. In a week, it'll be someone else." He says.

"Hey." "Show some respect." Alisha and Izzy state with their voices raised, having enough of the two talking down on Alec.

"Security will be tighter, both here and in the sub-cells." Alec says. "Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome." The Lightwood boy nods and walks down the stairs and towards Jace and Clary as the crowd dissolves. Alisha and Izzy walk over to them.

"How can I help?" Clary asks the head and the boy turns to his girlfriend, and his brother and then back to Clary.

"Actually, I need you, Alisha and Jace for a mission. Going to the Seelie Court." Alisha groans quietly but chooses not to argue, knowing Alec is already stressed enough. Izzy laughs silently at the girls discomfort. The hybrid elbows her in the side.

"Where is that?" Clary asks confused.

"The nearest entrance is in Central Park. But it's in another realm. Where the Seelie Queen lives." Isabelle responds to the ginger.

"I requested an audience with her to discuss Kaelie's crimes." Alec states. "However, she said she'll only meet with 'Valentine's experiments'."

"Okay then." Alisha mutters and Alec offers her a small smile.

"Wow. Charming nickname." Clary states, also quite displeased with the name. "So you think the Seelie Queen is responsible for Kaelie's attacks?"

"That's what I want you to find out." Alec says to the three.

"That would make sense." Jace adds to the conversation. "Those murders weren't exactly Kaelie's style."

"How did you know Kaelie?" Clary asks.

"Book club." Jace answers plainly making Alisha and Izzy cover up their laugh with a cough. Alec smirks at the two.

"What... you read?" Clary asks Jace who is glaring at his sisters.

"Yeah." He says and then turns to the two female parabatai. "Why does everyone find that so hard to believe?"

"Cause it's you, and you don't seem like the type to read. No offence." Alisha shrugs.

"Offence taken." Jace scoffs playfully.

"Look, focus." Alec scolds making the siblings shut up abruptly. "We need to find out if she's complicit. An entire faction could be turning against us."

"That shouldn't be too hard, right? Seelies can't lie." Clary states.

"Technically, yes. But after hundreds of years of practice, they can expertly manipulate the truth, and the queen's the master." Jace comments.

"She's very dangerous. The entire realm is. More than one Shadowhunter hasn't made it back." Izzy says, concern lacing her voice.

"What could go wrong?" Clary questions. "But we're, uh, 'Valentine's experiments', right? Don't mess with us."

"Love your spirit ginge." Alisha smiles at the Fairchild making her instantly smirk back. The two nod and walk off to get ready for the mission. Jace, Alec and Izzy stay behind, Alec's gaze lingering on Alisha for a bit longer. The two beside him can tell he's worried about her.

"Look, I'll protect her, she won't get hurt." Jace says and Izzy nods.

"Even if she does get hurt, I can tell and we'll go to her immediately. Don't worry brother, she'll be alright." Izzy pats his back gently and Alec nods shortly.