78 | seaford hustle

Start from the beginning

"Alright people, new rule, okay?" the announcer said, "From now on no one can use The Force."

A few guys dressed like Jedi warriors walked away with slumped shoulders. But Jack didn't care about that when he saw his phone in Jerry's hand. He quickly took it and looked at the screen, "Are you kidding me? Zalee called five times and you didn't tell me?"

"You seemed busy," Jerry tried to make an excuse.

"'I guess you couldn't talk. Maybe another day'," Jack read her message before glaring at Jerry, "Jerry, you knew how important this call was to me. I thought you were my friend."

Jack turned to leave, "Yo! Jack, wait! Look, I can't let you walk away like this. You have the keys to my bike."

Jack threw the keys at him before storming away.

☆★☆

"Since I made you miss your birthday FaceTalk with Zalee, I called her like a maniac until she picked up and she called me a jerk - but I did manage to convince her to take some time off to call you back,"

"Really?" Jack asked hopefully.

Jack opened his computer and Jack looked at the black screen, "Zalee?"

"Jack, are you there?" Azalea asked.

"Zalee, I can hear you but I can't see you," Jack said, pushing the buttons on the computer in hope that she'd appear. He turned to Jerry, "What is up with your computer?"

"Are you blind?" Azalea asked as she closed the laptop, grinning down at her boyfriend who looked at her wide eyed.

"Zalee!" Jack exclaimed, standing up to hug her. He wrapped his arms tightly around her back and spun her around, "Zalee, you are here."

"How are you here?" Jack asked while pulling back slightly so he could look at her.

"Jerry sold his motorcycle and bought me a round-trip ticket from Hong Kong," Azalea explained and Jack pulled her into another hug pressing a kiss to her temple.

"You are my friend, Jack," Jerry said, "And what I did was wrong."

"Well, you made up for it, Jerry," Jack said gratefully, holding up his hand and Jerry gave him a fist bump.

"Now I'm going to leave before the two of you do something to gross me out," Jerry winked before picking up his laptop and leaving.

Jack took that as his cue to dip down and kiss her straight on the lips. Azalea let out a surprised gasp but responded to the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away.

"We are in a restaurant," she reminded him, "Better not get thrown out."

☆★☆

"Soo, how are things in Hong Kong?" Jack asked as the two cuddled on the couch in Jack's room. It was better to be there than at Azalea's because Rudy had a tendency to storm in and act like a mother hen.

"I like it, I guess," Azalea shrugged, "Everyone is really nice but I kind of miss Seaford. It's kind of lonely to live in a foreign country when you aren't a social person. I only have Charlie and we don't have a lot of classes together."