Chapter 12

Zhan Lue's gaze was a bit scary, like a puppy that hasn't gotten its treat. A glint of threat was displayed in his eyes.

Xian Sheng reached over to grab the plum blossom branch. "Since Your Highness isn't willing, then I won't go."

Zhan Lue shifted his hand, however. "Since when can you take back a gift you've given to someone already?"

"So you agree to bring me with you?"

"Depends on how well you behave."

Xian Sheng didn't get to stay out for too long before he was brought back into the room by Zhan Lue. But considering how he got to see the snow today, Xian Sheng was quite satisfied.

Now that he was in Jin Country, he needed Zhan Lue's permission for everything. Therefore, he didn't purposely provoke him. He took his cloak off and hung it on the screen. Zhan Lue went to the study while Xian Sheng leaned against the couch by the window, reading the book he brought over from home.

"Princess." Ruyi suddenly reported, "Princess Zhan Yin came to visit you. The Crown Prince asked if you want her to come in or not."

Xian Sheng thought of the nerve-wrecking experience on the horse carriage back then when Zhan Yin was mentioned. He knitted his brows, feeling like Zhan Yin and Zhan Lue were the same. He hated them both.

But even though Zhan Lue let him decide, there was no way Xian Sheng could really refuse to see her. Therefore, he nodded.

Zhan Yin even brought along Zhan Jin and Qing Rong. The three walked in and stomped their feet, taking off their cloaks. They greeted Xian Sheng and said, "Paying respects to the royal sister-in-law. We heard that the royal sister-in-law was sick, so we decided to come and visit... It's my fault for colliding into you yesterday. Please don't pay much attention to this."

"It doesn't matter. Don't take it to heart." Xian Sheng said against his will, let them sit down one after another, and let people serve cakes. Qing Rong said, "Princess, don't bother. I made some plum blossom cakes myself. It's still hot. I'll bring them to you and your Highness for a taste."

Ruyi received the pastries and placed it in front of Xian Sheng. He looked at it before praising, "Princess' baking skills are superb."
Qing Rong smiled shyly and exclaimed, "Crown Princess, you're flattering me...right? His Highness is in the study. I'll personally bring some over to him. It's best to eat the pastry while it's still warm. It won't taste as good when it's cold."

Ruyi looked at Xian Sheng and the latter said, "Servant, bring princess over."

Qing Rong was quite shocked, but she still thanked her and left with the servant.

The moment Zhan Yin came in, she had been staring at Xian Sheng. Zhan Jin didn't make it as obvious as her. While looking at Xian Sheng from the corner of her eyes, she tugged Zhan Yin's sleeves.

She suddenly thought of something and hurriedly grabbed a box of something from her personal maid. She walked over in large strides and said, "This is top notch solid perfume, offered as tribute from other countries. I heard it's a complicated process to produce this. That's why it's incredibly valuable. I've begged my empress mother for a long time before she gave me a box. However, perfumes are for beautiful women. Sister-in-law, please enjoy this!"

The moment she opened the box, Zhan Jin's expressions slightly changed.

Ruyi's expression became a bit stiff. Xian Sheng looked down at it, his smile still there. "It is great. It also smells like plum blossoms. Princess, you're thoughtful."

Zhan Yin couldn't contain her excitement. "Let me apply some on for my sister-in-law."

Xian Sheng subconsciously moved back, but Zhan Yin already applied some. She moved over and wiped it on her wrist. The woman's fingertips were a bit soft, making Xian Sheng knit his brows and his heart pounded quickly.