Chapter 6

[ this maybe the longest chapter y'all:0]

People found Zhan Lue's action surprising just like when he said he was going to marry Xian Sheng back then. His bluntness caught the others off guard.

Xian Sheng didn't understand why Zhan Lue was doing this. In his impression, Zhan Lue wasn't easily enchanted by appearance. He was very young and handsome, with a noble status. He had courage and resolution. What sorts of beautiful women haven't he seen before?

Why must he close in on him step by step?

When they met at the border, Jin Country's envoys clearly said that they could go slowly in order to take care of the princess's body. The wedding will be held during the spring of next year.

But now, because Zhan Lue didn't want to wait anymore, the wedding was shifted to an earlier date. He wasn't mentally prepared in the least bit.

They will get married three days later which means that they'll have their wedding night three days later.

Xian Sheng couldn't breathe again.

The horse carriage drove into the courtyard of the post station before it stopped.

Ruyi called, "Princess, you can get off the horse carriage nwo."

Xian Sheng sat for a while before gradually pulling the curtains over to see if Zhan Lue was still there. He met his gaze right then and he immediately placed the curtains down.

He was still here.

He braced himself and got out of the horse carriage. He looked up to see the pedal placed in front of the horse carriage for him to step on. The moment he was about to step on it, Zhan Lue suddenly said, "Our Jin Country has an unwritten custom. The three days before the bride gets married, they can't walk."

Xian Sheng subconsciously withdrew his feet, not thinking much about it. "Why?"

The bodyguard also looked up at his highness, confused.

Zhan Zhen said: "Because you want to keep your jade feet clean, you have to wait until the day of marriage for your husband to hold the sedan chair. Only in this way can you become the Pearl of your husband's eyes and have a happy marriage."

Xian Sheng was skeptical, thinking that the people of the North Country had lots of trivial matters. However, since he was here, he would follow the customs. He still said to Ruyi, "Go get a quilt and spread it on the ground all the way until the bed in the room."

Ruyi was about to answer when Zhan Lue interrupted, "Your husband is here. Why make an extra move?"

He lazily walked over and then kicked the pedal out of the way. He slightly shook his red windbreaker before extending his two arms at Xian Sheng. 

Xian Sheng kneeled on the horse carriage and froze for a bit. Ruyi cleverly replied, "How can we trouble Your Highness? Plus, the princess isn't married yet. It's unfit according to the rules. This maid will go to prepare the quilt right now. It won't delay time by that much."

"North Jin is open-minded and there aren't that many rules. I haven't seen the princess for so many years, so I should try to build up our relationship."

He looked calm and unruffled. Xian Sheng couldn't help but look at his surroundings. Zhan Lue's guards all turned around, serving as the role models and giving their master enough face to do what he wanted.

"Princess?"

Follow the local customs, follow the local customs.

While comforting himself, Xian Sheng gradually extended his hand. He fell into Zhan Lue's arms, disregarding everything. Zhan Lue took this opportunity to hold him in his arms.