Chapter 10

There's no way Zhan Yin hadn't done that on purpose with her reaction. Xian Sheng looked down and coughed lowly, comforting, "There must've been an issue with the carriage. Princess, there's no need to blame yourself."

Zhan Lue felt worse when he saw Xian Sheng letting this go.

The man held in his anger and glanced at his younger sister, bending down to pick up the hair accessory on the ground. He personally placed it back in Xian Sheng's hair before helping him indoors. The group of princes and princesses hurriedly followed behind.

The Jin Emperor had a total of fifteen children. Although Zhan Lue was the eldest, he was the fifth amongst the princes. However, the Crown Prince's position was different from the princes.

At the banquet set at Xile Pavilion, besides the five that were still babies and just learned how to walk, as well as the two that died on the battlefield, eight of them came. Amongst them, three of the princesses and a prince were already married; they each brought their family members over. Clearly, that made up quite a few people.

Xian Sheng greeted each person, and they exchanged gifts.

After Zhan Yin's fuss, Xile Pavilion was very quiet now, only hearing Xian Sheng's frequent coughs. Countless gazes landed on him, some worry, some curious, and others faintly guilty.

He finally sat down by the table, but Xian Sheng wasn't in the appetite to eat at all. It was expected for an arrogant princess to cause him trouble. He just didn't expect her to pick faults with him in public. He didn't even have a chance to react.

"Drink some soup." Zhan Lue said, "I'll have her come to the residence to apologize to you later."

Xian Sheng received the soup and replied, "It's fine. I'm okay."

Well, he couldn't really say that. After all, his left shoulder was faintly hurting from bumping into the carriage.

Zhan Zhen frowns and takes another look at Zhan Yin. The latter looks restlessly at Xian Sheng. When her brother looks at her, she becomes more nervous.

Body side, Zhan Jin pulled her: "You also eat something, don't look."

"I...I got my elder brother angry." Zhan Yin said in a low voice, "I don't know whether my sister-in-law got hurt or not. A-Jin...what should I do?"
"Didn't you want to teach her a lesson?"

"Um..." Zhan Yin said in a low voice, "How would I know that she was that pretty?...When she looked at me, my mind went blank. Even more, my heart is beating nonstop. If I was a man, I would definitely be moved by her looks."

"Wake up. That's royal brother's woman."

"What do you think I should do now? She definitely won't like me anymore."

"You're not the one living with her, so why does it matter if she likes you or not?" Zhan Jin couldn't help but look towards Xian Sheng. Seeing Zhan Yin about to cry, she responded, "Elder brother will definitely make you pay her a visit and apologize. Just act according to the circumstances."

Zhan Yin hurriedly nodded and placed some food in her bowl, saying, "Good A-Jin. You're really my lifesaver."

Zhan Jin felt helpless. She saw Qing Rong from the corner of her eyes. The girl was looking at Zhan Lue. After noticing her gaze, she immediately turned around and faintly smiled, lifting her glass of wine in respect.

Zhan Jin also returned a smile.

The quiet gaze filled Zhan Yin's mind. She couldn't tell whether Xian Sheng was blaming her or not when she glanced at her. But when the banquet was over, she ran over to Xian Sheng; the latter didn't even give her a proper look.