Chapter 7

Xian Sheng was fuming with anger.

He believed that since Zhan Lue said that he would make the Liang Country die with him had he died meant that he didn't intend on treating this marriage seriously.

Xian Sheng had no idea how long he could continue to live, so he'll get through day by day right now.

Coughs. He felt powerless, so he turned his head to the side instead.

Now that things had come to this point, he didn't have the right to go against Zhan Lue anymore. Xian Sheng teared up a bit after hearing Zhan Lue's words.

"You refuse to call me hubby?" Zhan Lue's hand wiped Xian Sheng's wet forehead and said, "I made sure the princess gets to eat and drink well, yet you didn't sleep well as you should. You fainted in the sedan chair today. Those who knew about princess' condition would pity you for your weak body. But for those who don't know...they would think that you have something against our Jin Country."

Zhan Lue...is angry?

Xian Sheng was sensitive towards people's emotions. Although Zhan Lue was saying this in a gentle tone and he treated him gently as well, Xian Sheng still detected his faint anger.

Lately, it was true that he hadn't slept well in the post station. It was because he had just arrived in an unfamiliar country and also because he was worried about the wedding.

It was because of these thoughts that he fainted today. However, he didn't expect Zhan Lue to see through this. He suddenly felt guilty and rubbed the palm of his hand on his body, looking ill at ease.

He had a clear face like an egg whose shell had been peeled off. Zhan Lue stared at Xian Sheng and his gaze deepened, "Princess hasn't slept the entire night because you're excited for our wedding or because...you're scared of me?"

His pitch-black eyelashes flickered and Xian Sheng debated, "Why should I be scared of you?"

Although he seemed to be panicking, there was a sense of seriousness in his expression. Zhan Lue stared at him for a while before smiling. "Princess is right. We're a couple and in the future, we're on the same boat. We'll suffer misfortune and enjoy blessings together. Why would any wife be scared of their husband?"

He continued, "I am overthinking this."

Xian Sheng couldn't see through him, but he also recognized that he had something to say. He looked away and said, "It is."

"That's good." Zhan Zhen finally distanced himself from him and said, "There's something wrong with Gu Qiantou. The princess should remember to eat something and have a good rest."

He stood up and put the curtains by the side of the bed down. While doing so, he glanced at Xian Sheng and said meaningfully, "See you tonight."

Then, he let go and the heavy curtains separated the two.

Zhan Lue stood on the other side for a moment before leaving. As he walked out, Xian Sheng heard him order, "Bring the items inside. Don't disturb the princess' sleep."

The matron of honor said, "...It's not even time to lift the cover or share a nuptial cup yet. Why is she going to sleep?"

"Let her eat something before going to sleep."

"Ok."

Then, someone walked into the room and then secretly left. Xian Sheng laid there for a while and was about to fall asleep when he heard the door being pushed open again. Ruyi's voice rang, "His Highness ordered someone to bring in a bowl of edible bird's nest for the princess. He wants you to sleep after you're done eating."