73 | the amazing krupnick

Start from the beginning

"Uh, it's a gym where people work out," Taylor half-lied.

"Oh, I hired a girl to do that for me," Brie giggled, "So, where have you been? I haven't seen you or your parents at the county club."

"Well, I've been really busy," Taylor lied, "My parents are in Europe - doing things that require a lot of money," she laughed forcefully, "which we still have."

"Aww," Brie pouted, "I hope that doesn't mean you are going to miss the Father-Daughter Golf Tournament this weekend. The four of us play together every year."

Azalea noticed how Rudy perked up and she shook her head while Taylor tried to come up with an excuse, "Well, unfortunately you dad can't make it, so-"

"Her favourite Uncle Rudy is gonna step in," Rudy announced, stepping forward and Azalea grimaced, knowing this wouldn't end well.

"Great," Brie smiled, "we'll see you at tee time."

"You know what, let's just skip the tea and play some golf," Rudy said, not understanding what she meant, "Am I right, Tay-Tay?"

Brie giggled loudly and Taylor joined in with a nervous chuckle. "Your Uncle is funny," Brie grinned again.

"He was just born to make people laugh," Azalea joined in, punching Rudy playfully, but a bit harder than she usually did, for putting Taylor in this situation.

"And who are you?" Brie asked her, looking her up and down as if to assess her.

"Me?" Azalea asked, "Well - I am-"

"My cousin!" Taylor filled in, "Uncle Rudy's daughter."

The Gillespie children looked at each other before playing along. "My name is Azalea," she introduced herself to Brie with a polite smile.

"Oh, such a beautiful name," Brie let out another high pitched giggle, "And I love your hair. Such a pretty colour."

"Thanks - I'm fond of it too," Azalea smiled.

"You simply must join us at the tournament," Brie told her.

"What - no, I wouldn't want to impose," Azalea tried to get out of it, "Seeing as my - dad - is going to play with Taylor."

"Oh, don't worry. You can always cheer on them," Brie insisted, "They will need it."

"Of course. I wouldn't want to miss it," Azalea smiled forcefully.

"Wonderful, I will see you all there," Brie showed of her teeth in a overly sweet smile, "Bye."

Taylor waited until she was out of the dojo before turning to glare at Rudy, "Okay, what are you doing?"

"Uh, I'm helping both of us," Rudy smiled, "It's always been my dream to join a country club, and if you make an appearance then no one will know that you are a washed-up has-been who spends her days squeezing fruit-"

"Point taken," Taylor interrupted him while Azalea slapped the back of his head. "I'm in, but Brie's dad is pretty serious about golf. I hope you are good."

Azalea started to laugh, earning a glare from Taylor. "Oh, you weren't kidding," she tried to stifle her laughter, "Sure, he is the best."