Epilogue

Some say that people aren't meant to be forever, that the friends you have growing up aren't going to be your friends forever. But as Sam pulled his lover closer to his chest he knew that this was their Endgame. This was always how it was supposed to end. Marley in his arms, two kids, one in college, one sleeping in the other room. Two animals curled up on either side of them. Their love was the love that was meant to last, the kind of love that would never leave no matter how mad or annoyed you got at the other person. They were twin flames, soulmates, the loves of each other's lives, and they wouldn't have it any other way. 

Marley's father always told her not to settle, to find someone that would learn her, who she was, and love that. A person that would see her for who she truly was, and not what she wanted others to think. For the longest time, she didn't think she would find this person, for the longest time she didn't realize he was right under her nose. Marley's father was one of the most important people in Marley's life, he was always there, always knew what to say. Somehow deep down, Marley knew that the man her father always talked about, was the one she had known forever. 

Sam's family hated her, she was the girl too smart for her own good, the one that wasn't afraid to stand up for herself. She was strong and outspoken, but still kind, and generous. All the things his family hated about her, he loved. He knew he loved her, but not until it was too late. Until he had already left for the air force until they had already lost contact. Luckily for him though fate works in funny ways. Too late for him, wasn't actually too late at all. 

They loved each other, with their bodies, and their souls, they loved each other with some much more than words, more than movements. Some say love like this is only found once in a lifetime, and for them once was enough. If I were to have one goal in life, it would be this. To find a love like this, a love that is endless. A love that will live on forever, because all they ever needed was each other because they will love each other in life and death. This may have seemed like a simple story, but to them, it was so much more. 

This was a story, about a bird, and its wings.