Distress call pt. 1........7

"I'm sorry did you say a ring?" Shuri says turning around slowly. "Because I'm pretty sure I miss heard you,"

"No you did not, I indeed said a ring,"

"Why... do you need a ring?" Shuri asks before realization comes over her. "Are you gonna?"

" That's kind of the plan," He replies.

"oh my god, ok well, I have to finish this but uh... you- you come up with some ideas and just find a time to pass them over and I will um get that started and done for you." Shuri says still in shock by the news.

"Thank you Shuri," Sam lets out a breath. "This seriously means so much to me, you know since we're on the run and everything, and I can't find a ring myself."

"Yeah, no, yeah, I'm happy to help. I'm also happy you are deciding to do this, your world could use a little happy right now." Sam smiles and says thanks again before heading to his and Marley's room just like he said he would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been a couple days since the team arrived in Wakanda, since that day Sam had spent much of his free time looking for references, he wanted this ring to be perfect. Currently he was lying in bed going over all the options gain and again in his head every option was so her, yet every option was missing something. Movement on the bed next to him caught his attention so he turned his head.

"What are you thinking about?" Marley asks even though her eyes are closed.

"What makes you think I'm thinking about anything?"

"I can tell by the look on your face,"

"Your eyes aren't even open," If they were her breath would be taken away, the morning sunlight streaming through the window was hitting Sam at the perfect angle turning his skin A beautiful golden brown. " God your beautiful, " He mumbles under his breath so quiet that Marley could barely hear it.

"I don't need to see you to know when your thinking about something," Sam quietly chuckles.

"Ok," He says before pulling her closer to his, she was now practically laying on his chest. "It's still early babe, go back to sleep." He places a gentle kiss on her forehead feeling himself relax, just before the duo drifts back of to sleep soft words can from Marley's mouth.

"Your my wings Sam, I know more itty bitty details then you think I do," It was this moment Sam knew what the ring was missing.

The duo finally drifts off to sleep in each other's arms. The golden sun starting to mellow out as the time changes from early to a more reasonable time. It was around eight thirty when the couple woke up again and they both decided it would be smart to join the group for breakfast. So that's what they did.

Marley, Sam, Nat, Steve, Pietro, T'challa, Shuri and some others were crowded around a table eating breakfast just like the first days of the teams fugitive year. The table was filled with good food and laughter, the atmosphere so different than the previous months the group has spent on the run. The team was forever thankful for T'challas family and the support they have provided. By the end of breakfast the girls decided they were going to have a girls day, and Sam de died this was the best time to talk to Shuri. So as Marley and Nat started to leave Sam got Shuri's attention.

"Hey what's up?"

"I think I have an Idea for the ring," Sam says his words catch the ears of T'challa and Steve who have not fully left the room.

"You know what the rings going to look like?" Steve asks at the same time T'challa asks. "What ring?"

"Short story short I'm going to purpose," Sam says turning back to Shuri and pulling up pictures, Steve and T'challa walk over to the group to observe. "I was thinking band like this, stone like this one, and band color a darker gold like this one," He says pointing to the picture that corresponds with the trait. Shuri nods her head along as he explains building an image in her head a long with Steve and T'challa. "There's one more aspect that I don't have a reference for," Sam says making Shuri look at him.

"Well don't leave me hanging I want the whole picture,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day, Shuri had finished the ring two days before and it had turned out exactly like Sam imagined it. He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that in all the years he has known Marley he was finally going to propose, he couldn't wait any longer. He ran his plan through Nat, who gave him tips  changes and made him run through it time and time again.

Sam sat in his room think about the little black box hidden away from searching eyes. Of course he wasn't looking at it since that would be a dead giveaway but that didn't stop him from thinking about it. He looks at the clock and decides to go find Marley, he first walks to Shuri's lab hoping to find her there with no such luck.

"Hey Shuri, have you seen Marley?"

"I think she went with T'challa and Nat to the throne room," Shuri replied not looking away from her work.

"Ok thanks,"

"Good luck today," she calls after Sam as he leaves. He walks to the throne room finding T'challa, Nat, and Marley as expected. He walks up behind Marley and wraps his arms around her waist.

"Let's go on a walk," Sam whispers in her ears, she nods before slipping out of the room with Sam.

The duo have been walking around the gardens for hours, Sam new that he'd have to put his plan into motion soon.

"What do you say to a date night tonight?" Sam asks turning to face Marley.

"I think it sounds like a great Idea," Marley replies a smile growing on her face. Sam pulls her in by the waist their lips immediately colliding, only pulling back when they hear the sound of footsteps. The couple turns their head to see Steve running around the corner.

"I really really really hate to break this up right now," Steve says once he sees the couple in each others arms. "But we have and emergency and we have to go,"

"What happened?" Marley says pulling away from Sam to face Steve.

"I got a call, somethings happened and we need to find Wanda and Vision now,"

A/N: I'm just going to say it now, I'm sorry.

I also I'm deciding to be mean, and not reveal the ring until Sam proposes...so have fun milling over the possibilities. But I will tell you it's a perfect ring for the two of them.