The Snap....18

"You should have...You..." Thanos stutters trying to get his sentence out. "You should have gone for the head." Thanos lifts his gauntlet-ed hand and snaps his fingers.

"NO!" Thor shouts and Marley suddenly feels a sense that something is very wrong, this gives her the energy to stand up and walk into the clearing. "What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO!" Thor shouts in the aliens face before he uses the space stone to teleport away leaving Stormbreaker to fall to the ground. Marley walks towards Thor wanting to know the answer to the question her asks. Suddenly a bloodied and bruised Steve walks into the clearing holding his side.

"Thor..." He trails off when he sees no Thanos. "Where did he go?" A look of confusion and Alarm crosses Steve's face as he looks around the clearing. Marley looks around too looking for anything that could tell them what Thanos did. Bucky stumbles into the clearing.

"Steve?" he asks before he stumbles forward and drops his gun. Steve moves to catch his falling form but Bucky turns to dust before Steve can reach him. Marley cocks her head, the sense of discomfort in her stomach growing, she looks through the trees and out to the field to see soldiers collapsing and turning to dust, around them lay the carcasses of dead aliens, wounded soldiers, and soldiers who are utterly confused and horrified as they watch their companions turn to dust. Marley turns the other way and tears brim her eyes as she watches T'challa turn to dust as he reaches for Okoye, she watches as Okoye falls back with a shocked look on her face, wondering where her king had disappeared to. Again Marley turns this time to see Groot and Rocket, Rocket reaching out for his closest friend as Groot turns to ash. Wanda was over by Visions body mourning her lose, she was so far gone she didn't even notice it when she as well turned to dust.

As Marley watched the people around her fade to dust the tears started to flow freely. She had to find him. The one person she can't live without.

"Sam!" She calls as she runs into the forest. "Saam!" she calls, again and again until finally she finds him, injured in a bush. Carefully she helps him out of the bush and lays him on the ground to hurt him less. "I'm so happy you're ok," she says as she leans down to kiss Sam's lips. "I love you,"

"I love you too," He replies looking up into Marley's eyes. "See I told you nothing was going to..." He trails off as slowly he turns to dust.

"No, no no no no you cant, you can't leave me," Marley says as she watches the only consistent person in her life fade away in front of her.

"Sam?" A voice shouts a couple feet away and Rhodey appears just in time to see the rest of Sam's body turn to dust.

"No no no no no, this can't be happening," Marley says in complete distress as she runs her hands through the ash dropping the pieces in her hands as tears flowed from her eyes. "Sam, come back, i need you, you can't leave me, I can't live without you," The girl cries as Rhodey carefully walks over to her, he wraps his arms around the girl as she cries hoping to provide any comfort he can.

"Shhhh, It's ok, we'll get him back, he won't be gone forever," Rhodey soothes trying to get Marley to calm down.

"But what if he is?" Marley chokes out as she looks into Rhodeys eyes. "What if he's gone forever, I can't live without him Rhodes," She says as her breathing starts to pick up again.

"Ok," Rhodey says gently as he guides Marley to her feet. "Ok,we'll figure something out, I promise," He says as Marley stands leaning against him her breath still quick, the cut on her shoulder bleeding profusely. " Can you walk?" He asks and waits for an answer until he continues. When Marley nods her head Rhodey starts walking them in the direction the team was found in last. "We're going to find Steve, and Nat, and they're going to help you figure things out while I go look for stragglers. Bruce is going, to patch up you're arm and any other injuries, then we're all going to go back to the compound. We've all got somethings to figure out ok?" Rhodey says as they make their way out of the trees and towards the team. Marley nods her head silently tears still streaming down her face, Rhodey made eye contact with Nat and with one look at her Nat new exactly what happened. She cam over right away wrapping her arms around Marley who didn't react, she just stood there with Nat's arms around her, tears streaming down her face.

She didn't know what to feel, she couldn't feel, she was numb. She lost, she lost what mattered most to her, more than her own life. She lost Sam, something she won't ever be able to forgive herself for. She also lost Wanda.

Pietro,

T'challa,

Bucky,

Vision,

She lost so many things, so many people. They lost, and Marley didn't know if they would ever win again. If they could ever win again. They failed, the Avengers lost.

If they can't protect the world then who can?