Going Home....... 1

"What do you think about moving back home?" Sam asks his wife, one morning as they prepare for the day. Recently they have been staying at the compound helping Nat train new recruits while helping the military with thing's here and there.

"I'm sorry what?" Marley asks being caught off guard with the question.

"Move back home, you know to Louisiana, We'd be closer to your mom, Sarah, the kids,"

"I think It's a great idea but what about all the other stuff we're doing?"

"I think Nat can handle, the couple kids she's got, if not Steve can help, and we can work for the government from anywhere," Marley takes a moment to think before looking back at Sam with a smile on her face.

"I think It's an amazing idea,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The couple packed their stuff up over the next couple of days, they find a house for rent not even a block away from Sarah's, which was only two blocks away from Marley's mothers house. Before leaving Steve does something that catches everyone by surprise, he gives Sam his shield, turns out he was absolutely serious about retiring. Still Sam being the friend he is doesn't take the shield without a fight, it wasn't his, it wasn't made for him, he didn't feel worthy enough to wield it. Still Steve insisted. So Sam gives in and takes the shield. Sam and Marley say good bye to their friends in New York, hijacking Tony's private jet and moving down to Louisiana. The couple get to their house, taking the next couple days to unpack before visiting all their friends and family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It just doesn't feel right, having the shield, especially not when Steve's alive and kicking," Sam says one day as they sit down to eat breakfast.

" Well, Steve didn't give me the shield so I can't tell you what to do with it, personally I would say that you should take up the mantle, you've got what it takes to be the next Captain America. But you've got to trust yourself, trust that you'll make the right decision, you'll know what to do with the shield when the time comes," Marley says. Sam looks at her as if to say 'how can you be so sure?' Marley just shrugs. "I know you Sam, I know you'll make the right choice,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You what?" Marley asks loudly as she closes her book slamming it down on the bed.

"I'm contemplating giving the shield to the government, they want to put it in a museum," Sam says timidly from the doorway.

"Why on earth would you do that?" Marley asks her voice staying under a yell.

"You said it your self, I'd know what to do with it when the time comes,"

"But that wasn't one of the options," Marley groans wondering why Sam would want the shield in the government's custody.

"Why not? Why don't you trust the government, they're putting it in a museum, it's not like they're going to give it to some random person who thinks their a hero," Sam says annoyingly.

"Fine," Marley sighs picking her book back up. " Steve didn't give me the shield, so if you want to give it to the government go ahead, just know," Marley says looking at Sam. "I think you're making a really stupid mistake,"

A/N: here is a short little chapter to get the ball rolling, the Wings playlist is updated and and the link is at the bottom of my Bio happy listening :) ~M

𝓦𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 ~ 𝚂𝚊𝚖 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें