Greif....7

3rd person POV

It was the end of February when they found out. Things had been going well. Marley stayed out of fights, she stayed cautious, she had this gut feeling that something terrible was going to happen. It was February 25th when Sam Riley and Marley walked into her house. They all decided to go there after school to study for finals and talk about college and such.  Marley pulled out her key and unlocked the door, not sure as to why it was locked if her mother was home.

"I'm home!" She shouts as she walks through the kitchen towards the living room where her mom is sure to be. Sam and Riley follow along behind her wanting to say Hi to Mrs. Garcia. They stop in their tracks when they see the person talking to Mrs.Garcia in the living room, Marley however doesn't notice who it is. "Oh, you have company I'm so sorry to interrupt."

"It's quite ok Miss, in fact, you should be part of this conversation, I'm from the Military, I worked closely with your father." The man trails off and watched Sam and Riley walk closer to their best friend knowing what news is about to hit.

"Really!?! How is he doing I haven't seen him since my birthday?" Tears start to form in Sam's eyes as he reaches for his best friend's hand, she turns around and looks at him. "Sammy, you ok? Hey, this is good news we get an update, a good update." Marley looks over to Riley and he slightly shakes his head shifting his gaze to the ground tears forming in his eyes, for the man that treated him like his own son. Marley turns back around to face the man, "It is good right?" The look on the man's face tells her everything she needs to know, the girl looks at her mother's tear-stained face and all the color drains from her face. "No, no.........nonono....no it can't be, he isn't" Marley stumbles back luckily her friends catch her supporting most of her weight.

"I'm sorry Miss, I wish I could deliver better news."The man looks down at the floor and clears his throat. "He saved the youngest on the field, bullets were coming at around 750 rounds per minute, he stepped in front pushed the kid to the ground taking all the bullets dying on the spot... your father died a hero." Marley staggered back even more almost collapsing to the ground.

"I-I'm sorry i... I can't" She takes her best friend's hands and drags them away towards her room where they can have peace. For some reason, her best friends were the only company she wanted right now. After Marley tripped up the stairs three times, because her vision was blurred with tears, Sam finally helped her up off the staircase picking her up bridal style, and carrying her to her room, Riley not far behind. For the rest of the night, the trio just sat in Marley's bedroom, sometimes sharing stories, sometimes crying, other times just sitting in silence enjoying each other's company, mourning the loss of one of the greatest men they have ever known.

A/N: Not gonna lie this was a tuff one to right, also I don't know how the dying in action thing really works I'm going off of what I've seen in movies, and such, so if I got it wrong or missed some details, please don't be afraid to comment.

Also, Ya'll made my day today, I tend to check the views for my stories multiple times throughout the day and it really makes me so happy to see my reads go up like they did today (they went up by like 40 since I checked this morning!). It just makes me happy because it shows me people are reading and coming back which means they like it and that makes me happy that I'm doing something right so THANK YOU!!!!!! for taking your time to read my stories!!!.

Have an absolutely Spectacular, magical, amazing day!!!!!~M

𝓦𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 ~ 𝚂𝚊𝚖 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara