Trouble........6

I walk with Nat catching up and checking, again and again, to make sure she's ok. We were going to get Steve and Sam so we could escort them to their office cells. We enter a bigger room and I see them they were standing with Sharon just looking around.

"Samuel Thomas Wilson!" I say as we approach the duo my voice slightly raised. I see him flinch slightly at the use of his full name.

"Full name wow, did we really do that much damage?" He whispers to Steve who just shrugs.  I make direct eye contact with Sam forcing myself into his brain. (that sounds...not how I meant it.) 'play along' I transmit into his head before continuing talking.

" I thought we agreed that if we didn't sign the accords we would stay out of trouble?" I say acting more upset than I really was.

"Plans changed?" He offers with a shrug.

"Obviously, you got arrested," I say before turning around and walking back to the conference room, Nat not far behind with the boys. When I entered the conference room Tony was on the phone so I sat down and started thinking of a way out. I tuned out the rest of Tony's phone call until one word caught my attention.

"Consequences?" Steve asks Tony.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. I have to give him something." Tony replies. I sigh knowing the start of where this is going.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asks.

"Technically, it's the government's property," I say the group turns to look at me. "Wings too," I add looking at Sam.

"That's cold" Sam replies narrowing his eyes at me, I just shrug since it's not my fault.

"Warmer than jail," Tony says before walking out of the room with Nat. Steve Sam and I sit in silence for a while before I speak up.

"I hope you two know what you've gotten yourselves into,"

"I thought you were on our side," Steve says.

"I never chose a side, I refuse to choose a side you both know that. But choosing sides doesn't mask the fact that you got arrested!" I say the room falls back into silence.

'I'm sorry I'm being so harsh' I transmit into their heads. 'the only reason Ross let me be here is because he thinks that I can change your minds, help you see straight.' My brain is immediately filled with questions and thoughts. 'Slow down, one at a time, Steve first' I transmit.

'If your not here to talk sense then what are you here to do?'

'Well, the first reason I came is because my boyfriend and 100 year old best friend got arrested trying to talk sense into my 100-year-old best friend's best friend from the 40s. Now I am currently making a plan to get you three out of here.' I transmit to the duo, they look back and forth between each other and me. 'Yes, Sam I am also working on a plan to get your stuff back since I didn't sign the accords though and I'm not breaking into a government facility I am going to have to bring in some help.'

"How did you..." Sam says out loud trailing off when I shoot him a look. 'I can hear your thoughts idiot,' I transmit with a shake of my head. Sam scoffs with mock offense when Tony walks back into the room.

"You take him into one of the other conference rooms, I need to talk to Steve," Tony says pointing to me and then Sam. I nod and stand up. I go to walk past Tony but he stops me. "Go down the right hall three doors down on your left, that room doesn't have audio or camera recordings." He says quietly.

"Thank you, Tony," I whisper before walking out of the room with Sam following me.  I follow Tony's instructions I open the door and Sam walks in before me. After I walk in I close the door and turn back around immediately I wrap my arms around Sam's neck.

"Whoa, that's a quick change in demeanor," Sam said hugging me back.

"Tony said there's no video or audio recording in here so I don't have to put up a front," I place my head on his chest closing my eyes and focusing on his heartbeat. We sat there in silence for a little while just enjoying each other. " I really do hate faking being mad at you guys,"

"But you don't hate actually being mad at us?" Sam jokingly asks.

" You know that's not true," I mumble. "You're being safe right?" I ask pulling away but not completely. My hands rested on San shoulders while his were still on my hips.

"Of course it's going to take a lot more then the government and a king in a cat suit to take me down. " He said with a smile before pulling my in and kissing me lightly. I smile to myself before wrapping my arms around Sam's neck pulling him back into an embrace.

A/N: I'm going to try to post more tonight but I don't really know. Also I'm sorry if this chapter ended poorly my night as ended on a really rough note but I was almost done with the chapter so I still wanted to finish it.

How was your guy's day? Did you eat? Drink water? Did you talk to a friend or family member? Did you smile? Smiling is inportant. Have a great day/night guys you deserve it.

~M