The Science Bros..........10

"Maguna? Morgan H.  Stark you want some lunch?" Tony Stark says walking up to where his daughter was last seen playing.

"Define lunch or be disintegrated," A young girl appears before him with a blue and silver Iron Man helmet on.

" Okay, You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I'm making for Mom," Tony says taking the helmet off. Marley's car pulls up in the drive way the group or four stepping out. Marley walks forward to watch the father daughter duo while the other three stay back.

" There you go. Are you thinking about lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce," Tony says to Morgan with a serious tone.

"No," the little girl says back with a smile on her face.

"that's what you want. How'd you find this?"

"Garage,"

"Really? were you looking for it?"

"No, I found it though,"

"You like going to the garage, huh? So does daddy. It's fine, actually. Your mom never wears anything I buy her," Tony says picking Morgan up and walking back towards the house. 

"She's taking after you I see, she's got the start of a suit," Marley says as the two Starks aproach her.

"It's actually her mother's but I doubt Pepper will use it," Tony looks behind Marley at the other three people. "What are they doing here?"

"We need to talk to you," Marley said, Tony's face turns skeptical as he climbs the porch steps Morgan still in his arms. "Please, just hear us out,"

"Take Morgan inside say hi to Pep, I'll talk to them," Marley nods in agreement taking the girl out of Tony's arms and walking inside the cabin.

"Hey Pep," Marley says as she sets Morgan down in the kitchen.

"Oh Marley, I didn't know you were coming by today," Pepper says turning around. Marley watches as Morgan runs off further into the house.

"I didn't either," Marley says before she is interrupted by the front door being opened.

"Oh there you are," Pepper says as Tony walks into the kitchen.

"Have you listened to them?" Marley asks.

"Partially, I don't think this is going to work,"

"Please Tony just hear us out, it will work, I have the notes to prove it, I just don't have the skill to build it,"

"Look kid, I know you want Sam back, I know how hard you've been trying the last couple of years but it's time to move on,"

"Tony," Pepper scold from her spot as tears start to form in her eyes. "Just because you gave up on getting Peter back doesn't mean she needs to give up too,"

"I never gave up on getting Peter back," Tony replies in a low voice, not looking at his wife.

"Oh really? because last time I checked you're in here instead of out side talking to the only people who have an idea on how to fix this mess," Pepper scolds before wrapping her arms around Marley in a comforting hug. Tony silently walks back out side not wanting to fight this obviously losing battle.

"Thank you Pepper," Marley says a couple minutes later pulling away from the hug.

"Of course," Pepper replies placing her hands on Marley's shoulder. " Don't listen to what Tony said, you love Sam, every person in the world can see it. Never give up on the people you love, got that?" Marley nods her head. "I'm sure what ever plan you guys have will work, you are the earths mightiest heroes," Pepper says making Marley chuckle.

"I won't, I won't ever give up on Sam," Marley says making Pepper nod.

"Good," Marley walks outside and joins in as the group wraps up their conversation.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?" Tony says looking at Scott.

"No," Scott replies slowly.

" Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works"

"Tony, we have to take a stand," Nat tries.

"We took a stand, and yet hear we are," Marley's heart drops at his words, she thought we Pepper mentioned Peter it would only help their case, but the genius didn't seem to care about that right now.

" I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that won't even..." Scott says trying to get through to Tony, to make him see where the group was coming from.

"That's right, Scott, I won't even. I got a kid," Tony says cutting  Scott off.

"What about Peter ,Tony?" Marley speaks up from her spot startling the group. "What about me, you have a kid and all the sudden you forget about all the things that were important to you before. Morgan is a great kid, she really is but I hope she doesn't turn out like you, because in the long run the only person you're fighting for is your self, you fight for Morgan and you fight for Pepper to save yourself. You have a family now, I get that, but I had a family too, and I'm going to get him back with or without you,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group now sat at a table in a diner. Tony had refused with regret in his eye to help with the time heist, something Marley didn't take lightly, because if the roles were reversed she would lay down her life to get his family back.

"Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating," A new and improved Bruce Banner says pushing a plate forward. "Try some of that. Have some eggs"

" I'm so confused," Scott says staring at Bruce who was now a mix of the Hulk and Bruce. 

 "These are confusing times," Bruce says seriously staring into Scott's soul.

 "Right. No, no, that's not what I meant,"

"No, I get it. I'm kidding! I know. It's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now," Bruce says dropping the serious act. 

 "Yeah! Wh...How? Why" Scott said trying to find the right words.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beaten. Except it was worse for me. Because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost. Then, we all lost,"

"No one blamed you, Bruce," Nat speaks up cutting in to his story.

 "I did. For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me. Best of both worlds..." Marley watches silently as a couple kids walk up to Bruce asking for photos. She watches the awkward exchange when Scott gets jealous of the super hero attention.

"Bruce,"Marley cuts into the exchange. "About we were saying,"

"Right. The whole time travel do-over? Guys, it's outside my area of expertise,"

"Well, you pulled this off. I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible time, too," Nat says giving a pointed look.

"I've got notes, I can give you the rundown on everything I know about Quantum Physics," Marley says trying not to seem desperate. "Can you please just try?"

Bruce cautiously looks towards Steve and Nat as if to ask if Marley was ok.

"It's worth a shot,"

A/N: I may or may not have gotten a little carried away with this chapter...oops. I'm almost done with the next one so it should be out tonight unless I fall asleep first which is always a possibility. ~M