No means no!...9

TW: !!MENTIONS OF ALCOHOL, AND SORTA KINDA SEXUAL ASSAULT... BUT IT DOESN'T REALLY GET THAT FAR.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

In the following weeks, Sam and Riley got Marley out of her slump only for her to fall back into a secret one. Marley went back to school, got caught up on work, and started slightly socializing again. But on her nights and weekends, she would drink, she would sneak out to parties at night, and secretly get alcohol on the weekends. On the weekends her mom thought she was with Sam and Riley, and sometimes she was, but not always.

The effects the alcohol took on Marley didn't go completely unnoticed. The alcohol made her more jittery, it lowered her ability to focus, this made Sam ask about her medication more frequently. But every time he asked Marley would say yes she just felt anxious. This excuse only worked for so long though because Marley was not an anxious person.

"Have you taken your meds Mar?" Sam asked her one day at lunch for the fifth time that day.

"Yes Sam I did, I have taken all my Meds. Nothing has changed since the last time you asked me, so stop! I'm fine!" Marley says slightly raising her voice, annoyed at how many time shes been asked the same question. Riley says nothing in the conversation just looks down at Marley's knee which hasn't stopped bouncing since she sat down.

"No, Mar your not fine! Your leg has been non stop bouncing since you sat down, ask Riley he's been watching you bounce it." Sam explains wanting to get his point across. Riley suddenly cuts in.

"Can I have a drink of your water? " Marley looks at him.

"Why you have your own drink."

"Yeah but it's not water." Sam can see it in both of his friends eyes, Riley has a plan, and Marley is hiding something. Something big.

"Well no, you can't have a drink."

"See" Sam says "some things wrong you never hesitate to share with us" Marley turns her head to look at Sam. Riley takes this moment of distraction to take her water bottle and unscrew the cap immediately getting a wife of the not-so-pleasant drink inside.

"Exactly what I thought." Riley says and Marley's head snaps to where her water bottle was quite moving to then the water bottle in Riley's hand. "This my dear friends is not water at all. "

"Well then what is it. " Sam asks and Riley extends the bottle towards Sam. Sam notices the alcohol smell right off the bat. "Why do you have alcohol on you?"

"Ok fine!" Marley half yells making people turn their heads. "Maybe I've started drinking here and there, and maybe I've started sneaking out to parties some nights. It's no big deal."

"No big deal?" Sam exclaims

"You mean you've been going to parties with out us?!" Riley exclaims at the same time.

"Riley dude... Not the time. " San scolds his best friend "she's drinking for crying out loud. YOUR DRINKING!" He says the last part a little louder and redirected it towards Marley.

"Ok... Ok Sam I'm sorry." Marley says trying to get him to clam down. "I'll stop drinking when I'm not a parties and I won't go to a party unless one or both of you come with me." Sam looked away and tears rose in Marley's eyes when she thought Sam wasn't going to forgive her.

"Alright."

"Really, " Marley says with a slightly watery smile.

"Really, me and Riley should hit a few parties before we graduate anyway." He replied wrapping his best friend in a hug.

"Why don't we go to one tonight?" Riley suggests.

"I'm down" Marley says and Sam kids along.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Tw: mild sexual assault