More than friends.......28

I was sitting on a stool on the far side of the main room. Farthest from the doors as I could be. All the lights were out, I was sitting in the dark, yes it was kind of weird. My guitar was sitting on my lap and my nerves were through the roof. The lights flick on and I see Sam standing on the other side of the room.

"Hey, Sammy,"

"What's this?" He asks not moving from his spot.

"This?" I say more as a question than a statement. "This is me deciding that I'm done letting my past decide my future. I'm done letting my present be ripped apart by the proposition of what could go wrong. I'm tired of not loving myself. I'm tired of everything. Your the only person that changes that feeling. When I'm around you it's like everything has a purpose. So this is me finally pushing away my past long enough to tell you something really important." I reply words just tumbling out of my mouth. Before I can stop myself I start to strum on my guitar.  

(the song is above.....don't really feel like writing out the lyrics...The title of the song and the title of this chapter are the same, so if you don't want to listen to the song that should explain what the song is about.)

I look up when I finish the song and see Sam standing now a few feet away from me.

"You wrote that?" He asks me. I nod my head and look away not being able to meet his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah I did. I wrote it for you, about you or however you want to put it." I look down at the ground setting my guitar on the floor next to me. "Fun fact actually, there is only one lyric that I would even think about changing."

"Yeah?" Sam says and I notice him walking a little closer to me. "What is it?"

"I'm going to try my hardest to give you my heart, but I couldn't care less if you broke it. you could tear it to shreds and I wouldn't love you any less. You tore my heart out when you walked out of my room all those years ago when I was a stupid teenager with coping issues. But even when I thought you'd never come back I couldn't stop thinking about you, I needed you in my life and I still do. No matter what happens." I say looking everywhere around the room except at Sam before looking back at the ground.  "Now that I say it out loud though it sounds really stupid."

"And why is that?" Sam asks his voice soft, not wanting to push for an answer.

"Because I don't deserve this, I don't deserve you, or a family," I say I roll up my sleeve a little bit looking at my scars, each one there for a different reason. " I don't deserve love, I don't deserve hope-"

"I'm going to need you to stop talking right now," Sam says he slides two fingers underneath my chin lifting my head to look at him. It was then I noticed how close he was, now his legs were resting against my knees as his eyes looked into mine. "I'm going to need you to stop thinking too because you are beautiful, you are smart, funny, and you deserve the world."

"But-" I try to cut in only for Sam to cut me off again.

"No buts," He says and I look around the room avoiding his gaze. "Hey, look at me," I don't instead I pull back. As quickly as I pull back I feel a hand snake around the back of my neck and pull me forward. I place my hands on Sam's chest to catch myself as he brings his face closer to mine. With one hand on the back of my neck and the other on my hip Sam attatches his lips to mine. With only a seconds hesitation I kiss back falling into the sense of security I feel when I'm with him. He pulls back but only slightly, our foreheads rest against eachother.

"We should go out." Sam says and my chest tightens with dread because even though he just kissed me I feel as if he only wants to be friends.

"Out?" I ask with a slight waver in my voice. I pull away a littel more so I can look him in the eyes.

"Yeah, like you know you, me. We leave the compound, go somewhere. Like a date. How does that sound?" I let out a short breath of relief when I realize he was waiting on an answer. I bite my lip a nervous habit I have before a smile growes on my face. I nod my head and he smiles too before pulling me back in for another kiss this one slightly longer than the last.

"Took you long enough!" We hear Rhodey shout as we pull away. Sam turns around as I peak over his shoulder to see Nat, Steve, Rhodye, Vision, Pietro, Wanda, Tony, and Pepper standing by the doors watching us. "Tony you better give me my money!" he says putting his hand out infront of Tony not looking away from me and Sam.

"I don't have cash on me." Tony says with a shrug. Rhodey's head snaps towards his best friend.

"What do you mean you dont have any cash on you? Your a billionare how do not have any cash on you." Again Tony just shrugs his shoulders.

"Your out of luck Mongoose"

A/N: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!!

One more chapter until part threeeeeee!!!!!!!!
I'm honestly so excited!!!

I hope you guys are doing well!! Have an amazing day!!! My goal is to have part three in motion by tomorrow!!! ~M