Speeches........ 25

"Karli, don't do this," Marley says standing up not noticing that Sharon had slid her gun out of it's holster. "Please," She says her breath picking up the slightest bit, but still Marley kept a confident front. "You're young, you've got so much more life to live, you can make a change in this world Karli you can. But this isn't the way to do that," Gun shots rang out and Marley gasped as Karli fell to the ground. "What the fuck Sharon," Marley says turning to look at the woman  before quickly making her way over to Sam and Karli.

"I'm sorry," Karli says tears in her eyes as she looks up at Sam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marley and Sam walk through the tunnels Karli in Sam's arms. Once they get out of the tunnels they fly towards the swarm of people, Marley using her powers, Sam using his wings. Once they land medical personnel approach with a stretcher that Sam places Karli on before turning to Marley.

"Go find Bucky," He tells her not wanting her to have to deal with all the press and such. Silently she nods her head before pressing through the crowd of people to get to where Bucky was standing. Once she reached him Marley wrapped her arms around Bucky's shoulder catching him by surprise. Gently he returns the hug until she pulls away.

"I'm, I'm sorry," Marley says knowing Bucky isn't really the type for random physical contact.

"It's fine," Bucky replies, after seeing how shaken up Marley was. She lets out a breath before turning around to listen to what Sam was saying. Throughout his speech Sam would look at Marley, making sure that she was fine. When he was finished he walked off without another word, walking straight towards Bucky and Marley. He gave a nod to Walker as he passed, before finally reaching the duo. Sam put an arm around Marley's shoulder pulling her close to his side as the trio starts to walk.  "Sorry, I was texting so all I heard was Black man in stars and stripes," Bucky says trying to lighten the mood. It somewhat worked since it made all three people chuckle. "Nice job Cap," Bucky says to Sam.

"Thanks," He replies before seeing Sharon. "Sharon? We've got to get you to a hospital,"

"She's not going to listen," Bucky says looking behind him.

"It's not the worst thing to happen to me all week," Sharon shrugs off her wound.

"Told you,"

"Look I'm sorry for how things ended down there," Sharon says as a man call for Sam. "For what it's worth, suit looks good on you," Sharon says with a smirk.

"Look can we get out of here already?" Bucky asks trying to get out of the area. Sharon agrees and they start to walk away.

"I haven't forgotten my promise," Sam says to Sharon before they get to far away. "I'll be right back," Sam says to Marley as he approaches then man who called him. She waits patiently for them to finish. Once they do Sam approaches her again. "They found the last Flagsmasher in the Hudson. Will you be ok without me for a couple minutes?"

"Yeah, I'll call, Nat, or maybe Rhodes. We can probably crash at the compound tonight,"

"Sounds lovely, " Sam says with a smile before placing a quick kiss on Marley's lips. "I love you,"

"I love you too," Marley returns with a small smile.

"I'll be back in a minute," Sam says before launching into the air. Marley watches him go before sliding her phone out of a hidden pocket. She tries Nat first switching to Rhodey when she didn;t pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Yellow Brick Rhode, any chance Sam and I's room is still open?"

"You know it's always open for you guys. Are you ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, um... have you seen the news?"

"Everyone in the compound has seen the news. Sam finally decided to step up,"

"Yeah that he sure did," Marley was silent for a second. "Is Nat up? She didn't answer her phone,"

"Yeah she's dealing with a couple of the kids,"

"Kids? this late? I thought they didn't stay at the compound,"

"They don't we have a lock in type thing around once a month, it was Nat's idea surprisingly,"

"Wow, ok, well as you probably know we're in downtown Manhattan so we'll probably crash there tonight,"

"That's perfectly fine, I'll fill in Nat, see you in a little while,"

"See you soon Rhodes," Marley says with a small smile before hanging up the phone.

A/N: here is today's update.. Again a second chapter depends on how much I write today so I'm gonna go write :)